Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By Benj
#91793 Well i have finally had time to sit down and write this up..
This is just front for now
Lowering Your car with ebay Coil overs with sleeves...

Tools:
1 - 12 mm Wrench & Socket
1 - 10 mm Wrench & Socket
1 - 14 mm Wrench & Socket
1 - 17 mm Wrench & Socket
1 - 5mm alankey
1 - 3/8ths Drive Ratchet
1 - Jack
2 - Jack Stands
1 - Tire Wrench
1 - Bottle of Liquid Wrench *optional*

And most important
1 Case of Beer or Booze of Chose

Step 1:
Loosen Lug nuts, But do not take off yet. Repeat on the other side.
Step 2:
Pull ebrake and Block rear wheels:
Step 3:
Jack up and Put jacks under.
Step 4:
Remove lug nuts and wheel. Repeat on the other side.
Step 5:
Loosen Bolt in Red section and remove. Bolt and Nut are 17mm ( use liquid wrench if rusty and worried about snapage )
Step 6:
Loosen Bolt in Red section and remove Both are 12mm ( use liquid wrench if rusty and worried about snapage )
There is a 3rd bolt just inbehind those two that have to be removed as well, its a 14mm( use liquid wrench if rusty and worried about snapage )
Step 7:
Remove Fork From the bottom of the shock and just pull it forward
Step 8:
Now you have to remove the 2 - 14 mm Nuts holding the Shock in at the shock tower
Step 9:
Remove Shock and Strut as one and you will have a hole like this one
Step 10:
Now your Shock and strut will look like this
Step 11:
Now you take your 5mm alankey and 14 mm wrench and put it on the top nut and loosen till it all comes apart. No you do not need a spring compressor. but be careful point the alankey and wrench at a piece of foam or cardboard. and BLAM its aprart

***** im gonna finish the rest in a bit aka tomorrow*****
By marvinp8700
ilmcrx wrote:
And most important
1 Case of Beer or Booze of Chose

you sir, are aware.
By smokinsoljah420
ilmcrx wrote:Now you take your 5mm alankey and 14 mm wrench and put it on the top nut and loosen till it all comes apart. No you do not need a spring compressor. but be careful point the alankey and wrench at a piece of foam or cardboard. and BLAM its apart

Also ive found that if its really hard to get the top hat part off you can always just use an impact wrench without the allen key on the middle nut! It works so much better, since i bent 4 thats right 4 allen keys to shit trying to get it off!! 2 seconds with an impact! I didnt have one but i went to a local shop and handed them the strut and they hooked it up! :thumb:
By Benj
smokinsoljah420 wrote:
ilmcrx wrote:Now you take your 5mm alankey and 14 mm wrench and put it on the top nut and loosen till it all comes apart. No you do not need a spring compressor. but be careful point the alankey and wrench at a piece of foam or cardboard. and BLAM its apart

Also ive found that if its really hard to get the top hat part off you can always just use an impact wrench without the allen key on the middle nut! It works so much better, since i bent 4 thats right 4 allen keys to shit trying to get it off!! 2 seconds with an impact! I didnt have one but i went to a local shop and handed them the strut and they hooked it up! :thumb:

wow man i have done one of 2 thing broke the thing, thank god i was using a spring compressor and 2 it just spun
By smokinsoljah420
#91875 ya i was using these piece of shits

And i spent like 4 hours on one side when i finally got frustrated i just took it to a local shop and they did the rest. :thumb:
By zeppelin101
smokinsoljah420 wrote:Also ive found that if its really hard to get the top hat part off you can always just use an impact wrench without the allen key on the middle nut! It works so much better, since i bent 4 thats right 4 allen keys to shit trying to get it off!! 2 seconds with an impact! I didnt have one but i went to a local shop and handed them the strut and they hooked it up! :thumb:

Weak.

We got a HUGE drill on all 4 of mine and ruined them.

Was a lot of fun :P
By smokinsoljah420
#91908 :( im broke and dont have many tools. nothing wrong with having an expert do it for free with the right tools. :thumb:
By Dippin_EG
#91985 i used a cordless impact to do mine. just blip it a bunch and they come off. when i used the cheap advance auto parts one, that bitch bent. Crappy AmPro bullshit. :x
By hondajunkee
smokinsoljah420 wrote:ya i was using these piece of shits

And i spent like 4 hours on one side when i finally got frustrated i just took it to a local shop and they did the rest. :thumb:

haha my brother used those to lower his old Kia Spectra, it was uber sweet :thumb:
By 93Gsaver
#95998 can you please finish this??? i got my accord ebay coilover sleeves layin around i'm gonna try to slap 'em on the civic :shock:
By doitpropa
#95999 4 step 11 i say lay on ground and have a friend stand on the spring nd bottom of strut and u could get away w/ no allen wrench if u use a impact sumtimes .... i heard of kids pointing them straight up nd tryin to compress by hand .. glad i wasn't there 4 that lol
By Benj
#207506 wow i have not finished this will do this in a week or so when i put my lower tie bar.. sorry guys