Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By rusty_eg3
#360094 Hey everyone! I just bought another EG hatch and it has stock shocks with lowering springs (don't know what brand or specs, I'll have to check) but the rear side is just too raised compared to the front. Do you think that a pair or aftermarket LCAs will solve this problem? I'm completely puzzled. I didn't have this problem before since my first hatch is stock and therefore raised like a 4x4 :lol: . I'll post a picture tomorrow if you're curious to see the difference. Thanks!
By TrailerTrash
#360095 alot of lowering springs lower the car more in the front than in the back. pretty much every EG i have ever seen that is stock has the opposite sag. back sags more than the front
By teal_dx
#360189 Unless the specs of the aftermarket LCAs are different from stock, it won't make any difference in ride height. Best way to fine tune ride height is coilovers. You could always by a coil over conversion to use on your current rear struts if they're decent, just replacing the spring.
By TrailerTrash
#360199 thinking about this thread today at work... i have heard that the strut forks(removable fork part on the front struts) can vary in height between EGs/Integras/EFs. I have heard that integra forks are taller than EG forks and EF forks are shorter. if that is true then it is possible it has EF forks on it.

again this is just stuff i have heard over the years so dont hold me to it
By rusty_eg3
#360291 I've heard that the forks AND the knuckles differ in length. But that's not the case, the car is stock except those springs and wheels. I have a pair of rear LCAs on the old hatch, cheap ebay skunk 2 replicas. maybe those will solve this problem. no money for an adjustable suspension atm.
By HeikDiesel
#360822 I would first make sure the springs are properly seated in the shock perches and that whoever did it didn't put the front springs in the rear and the rears in the front.
By rusty_eg3
#360949 Hah! I was thinking about the same thing one day, that the springs might be inverted (front to back and vice versa). That might be it but the weather is already kinda cold and I might have to wait 'till the summer to find out. The car drives fine, it just looks like crap.
By rusty_eg3
#360954 Actually I looked and they kinda look the same but I'm not sure. The OEM front springs are indeed VERY different from the rear ones but the ones I have on my car are pretty much the same (front and back). I will swap a lot of parts from the old hatch to the new one next summer, and that will be the moment of truth. I'm thinking of cutting the rear springs, just one coil, I know it's not the best way but I've done it before and nothing out of the ordinary happened. Thanks all for your answers!