Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By Loaf31
#359741 Hey guys I was wondering what the smallest size spacer I can use is. The ones I will be using will have built in studs but I can't have the OEM studs stick through the other holes if that makes sense. I've used 20mm spacers before and those worked but I'm wondering if I can use 15mm spacers. Please let me know guys, thanks in advance! :D
By Driv-it-hard
#359742 The truth, you should not be using the spacer at all. It does place more stress on the bearings. The 15mm should be okay in making sure it has a hub centric on it. You'll have vibrations on the car if it doesn't. Hope this helps.
By Driv-it-hard
Loaf31 wrote:Yeah I was planning on going with a Hub-centric one. I just want to make sure they'll clear the stock studs

Before mounting the wheels. Double check everything to make sure that the mounting surface of the wheel mounts flush to the spacer and not onto a nut.
By Loaf31
Driv-it-hard wrote:
Loaf31 wrote:Yeah I was planning on going with a Hub-centric one. I just want to make sure they'll clear the stock studs

Before mounting the wheels. Double check everything to make sure that the mounting surface of the wheel mounts flush to the spacer and not onto a nut.

Do you know if the OEM Lugs will stick out? I'd like to make sure they dont before buying the spacers
By Driv-it-hard
Loaf31 wrote:
Driv-it-hard wrote:

Do you know if the OEM Lugs will stick out? I'd like to make sure they dont before buying the spacers

Loaf, The only person that would know that answer would be you. Have you changed the studs in the past if they have broken on you ? Have you replaced the studs with OEM or discount parts? You'll have the measure the lengths of the studs and see if the 15mm will be thick enough that the studs won't stick out. Or you will have the thread a nut on the stud and grind off the parts of the stud that will stick.
By Loaf31
#359750 They're all OEM, should all be the same size. I might look into getting the spaces in between the mounting holes on the wheel mounting surface drilled out.