Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By Loaf31
#359722 Hey guys so I've lowered my car on LoTek Struts + eBay coil sleeves + extended top hats and tubular front control arms. it rides pretty nice but I can't go as low as I'd like because the control arms are hitting the shock tower. Now, I've cut a good amount out of the shock tower, but they're hitting further down the control arm.
rather than cut more from the frame, I was wondering if any of these solutions would help:
a) shortened shocks
b) drop forks
c) different control arms

If you guys have any ideas, please let me know! Keep in mind that raising the car IS NOT AN OPTION. Here are some pics as well:

thanks in advance guys!
By TrailerTrash
#359726 been there :lol:

drop forks would help. they would allow you to raise the suspension the amount of drop to keep the same height. as an example if the forks are a 2 inch drop then you can raise the coils up 2 inches and still be at the same ride height only with more suspension travel before the control arms bottom out
By Loaf31
TrailerTrash wrote:been there :lol:

drop forks would help. they would allow you to raise the suspension the amount of drop to keep the same height. as an example if the forks are a 2 inch drop then you can raise the coils up 2 inches and still be at the same ride height only with more suspension travel before the control arms bottom out

Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely look into getting some made or buying some from MPC. :)
By TrailerTrash
#359728 Just buy a set from MPC. you know you want to.

do it :wink: