Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By david_saric
#358416 Hi guys,i m new here and i've got a problem. I got my EG HB in a little accident,spun out and hit a rock with my wheel. Rims got bent on both sides of the car and alignment(toe) got thrown off. My problem is that after that one of my wheels has significantly more camber than the other but the front LCA doesnt look bent(wheel is in the middle of the wheel arch on both sides). What could be the problem here,i hope there is no chassis damage because it wasnt a terrible accident. Thank you :)
By TrailerTrash
#358417 I would put money on it being toe wear, not camber wear.

did you get new wheels? and get an alignment by a reputable shop that checked everything out?
By teal_dx
david_saric wrote:Hi guys,i m new here and i've got a problem. I got my EG HB in a little accident,spun out and hit a rock with my wheel. Rims got bent on both sides of the car and alignment(toe) got thrown off. My problem is that after that one of my wheels has significantly more camber than the other but the front LCA doesnt look bent(wheel is in the middle of the wheel arch on both sides). What could be the problem here,i hope there is no chassis damage because it wasnt a terrible accident. Thank you :)

Is it one of your front wheels or rear wheels that has more camber than the other? Is the camber more positive than it should be? (impact on the bottom half of the wheel face could cause this)

These cars don't have the strongest chassis. If it's the rear, you may have bent the subframe or the area of the inner fender where the upper arm mounts. Also, just because the arm isn't visibly bent, it doesn't take much of a bend to throw off the alignment specs.

Up front, the shock tower can actually distort from impact. I've seen some civics have ripples in the metal around that area. Same goes for the front upper & lower arms. It doesn't take much of a bent to throw the specs off.