Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By Loaf31
#357592 I have 2" lowering springs on stock struts on all 4 corners of the car, but the rear still has a lot more wheel gap than the front. I was wondering if getting extended top hats for the rear might lower it a bit? lol guys :D
By teal_dx
#357600 Top hats will give you more shock travel, but won't lower your ride height. You could get different springs. Or some aftermarket shocks, such as Koni Yellows, have an adjustable spring perch which gives something like an extra + or - 20mm of ride height.
By TrailerTrash
#357603 buying lowering springs is a shot in the dark when it comes to how the car will sit. if you are picky about it you might aswell buy either coilover sleeves or full body coil overs.
By Driv-it-hard
Loaf31 wrote:Would it be a party foul to just do Coilover sleeves in the rear? :lol:

I have seen it done, Wouldn't be something new. It's a good idea in some case.
By Loaf31
#357621 Yeah, they had FR, FL, RR, and RL on them to denote which springs go on which corners.

My ride right ow isn't really bouncy at all, so I'm jut afraid of getting some bounce in the rear.
By TrailerTrash
iLLson wrote:expensive...buttt...

http://mpcmotorsport.storenvy.com/produ ... ntrol-arms

wow... i think ive seen it all now lol
By Loaf31
#357830 Ended up doing the sleeves.
This is before:

Dont worry about the rust, that'll be cut out soon enough.

The coils on and maxed.

This is what happened when I did that.

So I raised them almost as high as they would go. 5 threads below the top.

This is where it sits now. I'll probably drop it down a few more threads in the near future. but for now, this is better. It doesnt even feel bouncy. super happy with this