Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By 92civicEGsedan
#355360 Okay so I've recently got a welder for at home work and I replaced my bushings and have been thinking about making braces to stiffen everything up I know there is strut tower braces, b pillar braces, fender braces and the rear subframe brace but I saw other braces from other cars on the underside but can't find any on the eg chassis and was hoping to find more I could possibly make if yall could post pictures or the name of the braces that would be awesome
By teal_dx
#355361 You thinking of a chassis brace?

Probably is just extra weight unless you track your car. The ones you listed would be more useful. :thumb:
By 92civicEGsedan
teal_dx wrote:You thinking of a chassis brace?

Probably is just extra weight unless you track your car. The ones you listed would be more useful. :thumb:

I don't track my car but drive on a lot of curvy roads and would like to really upgrade it for my kind of driving but would eventually like to track it is there anymore like that?
By suspendedHatch
#355366 Instead of that I'd go right to a book on race prepping a chassis. What's on the market is not a good indicator of what is effective. Look at all the crap out there. Beaks / ASR lol
By teal_dx
suspendedHatch wrote:Instead of that I'd go right to a book on race prepping a chassis. What's on the market is not a good indicator of what is effective. Look at all the crap out there. Beaks / ASR lol

You forgot Cusco. Who thought a bolt together rollcage was safe? :D

I will defend the ASR subframe brace though... When using a large rear swaybar, it's needed to help prevent subframe tearout. Beaks is definitely worthless though, especially when installed on top of an ASR :roll:
By 92civicEGsedan
suspendedHatch wrote:Instead of that I'd go right to a book on race prepping a chassis. What's on the market is not a good indicator of what is effective. Look at all the crap out there. Beaks / ASR lol

You have a point
By suspendedHatch
#357273 A properly designed and installed swaybar doesn't put any load on the chassis. The mounting points just hold the bar up so it doesn't flop around.
Get yourself a properly designed bar like the Progress and skip the overpriced ASR bling.