Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By T.EG6
#353764 Hey everyone, yesturday I went to replace my stock front LCA with the integra ones with the swaybar holes and everything went smoothly. Then I went to put in the sway bar I got and it did not fit... I dropped my exhost and shifter links and when I placed the sway bar in place I would hit the subframe of my car.

The sway bar is from an integra which I thought it would fit but that was not the case

The sway bar looks like this:

http://www.jshmotors.com/images/product ... ar-016.JPG

And the end links look like the ones on the bottom :

http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/dat ... up_087.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
By egsedanguy
#353787 ok first the sway bar is a gsr/type-r style. the pic with the end links, the one on the left that is strait, that's for a normal integra or civic sway bar. the one that is attached to the bar in the pic are what you need. if you pulled it from a stock integra ls then it will require the end links on the left of the second pic.
By T.EG6
#353804 Oh so I have the wrong bar then. What your saying is I need the sway bar that has the end links that have the straight through design. Not the one that comes with the already attached. Right?
By juls1488
T.EG6 wrote:Oh so I have the wrong bar then. What your saying is I need the sway bar that has the end links that have the straight through design. Not the one that comes with the already attached. Right?

what hes saying is that the bar will fit, but you have to get the right end links for the sway bar, not for the car.
these kind:
heres a link :hardrace gsr endlinks[/img]
By suspendedHatch
#353877 When you put the sway bar in, it will look wrong and seem to hit the crossmember but when everything is attached and the car is on the ground it works fine.

Which end links are used is determined by the holes in the sway bar.
By T.EG6
#353886 Oh okay yeah I took the car to my shop and my guy went to install it and was hitting the subframe and he couldn't install it. He told me I have the wrong one :/
By egsedanguy
T.EG6 wrote:Oh okay yeah I took the car to my shop and my guy went to install it and was hitting the subframe and he couldn't install it. He told me I have the wrong one :/

then he doesn't know what he is doing. :?
By suspendedHatch
#353968 That may be a little harsh. When I put the GSR front bar on my EG, I had second thoughts eventhough I've done it several times before.

The center hoop section seems like it will go above the crossmember and hit, but you put it all together and there's no issues.

Huge PITA to do it on jackstands without unbolting the cat converter but FUCK IT! :lol:
By sentientprogram
#354294 Yeah. you gotta disconnect shift linkage & front end of the exhaust system. Mine turned out great.

I also installed the GSR sway bar.
also see pic of how end links are supposed to look installed.