Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By CTR93
#353086 Hi I have a 93 dx hatch. I believe the spring rates are 165f/80r (p/p) I'm working on a b16b build which I know is 240f/240r (l/p). I'm about to install the energy suspension bushings which I've read will make the suspension a little stiffer. I'm just wondering what kind of setup would be best for a daily driver. I want to lower it a little bit but I'm not sure how much so I need something adjustable. I've been looking at raceland coilovers. I know they're cheap please don't preach about you get what you pay for. I'm on a budget. I just want to get an idea of how these will ride
By teal_dx
#353093 Unless you have really smooth roads where you live, the Energy Master Kit is gong to be a rough ride. They are much stiffer, so you feel more harsh bumps but they also make your struts work more, absorbing those extra bumps.
I have them on my car and the difference is huge.

As for suspension, Yeah raceland is cheap. What's your budget? Coilovers vs a strut/spring combo is great for fine tuning height, but you could also do that with a set of Ground COntrols over a set of decent struts and have some quality parts and adjustable height.
By iLLson
#353094 Track? Street?
By CTR93
#353096 I have about 450 to spend on it. since the bushings are rough should I get softer springs to compensate
By CTR93
#353097 Street