Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By vince72310
#353026 anybody have these or had them on their civic? how are they, good or bad? I want them to lower my car about 4inches or so. if you think they suck which coilovers do you suggest? My budget is about $800 will not go over $900
By iLLson
#353037 are you just trying to slam the car?

if so then there is no point in spending a bunch of money on coilovers since it wont ride well anyways
By teal_dx
#353047 I have the type 2 adjustable on my TSX and they sound like they're falling apart after 8 months :thumbdown: I googled and there are many problems with clunking noises on the FF type 1 and 2's. They still ride well, just sound awful. I wouldn't buy them again.
By vince72310
#353056 whaaat really?? what other coils do you suggest? going for that stance look. My budget will be around $800 but of course id like to spend less then that lol but i don't want cheap coils
By iLLson
#353060 slammed on good coilovers = slammed on cheap coilovers
By vince72310
#353063 m not trying to be slammed to the ground and camber my car and stuff im talking about a 4inch or so drop total i want my wheels to be flushed perfectly with my fenders
By FG2_Andrew
iLLson wrote:slammed on good coilovers = slammed on cheap coilovers

this... anything in the price range is gonna ride about the same. i'd suggest Ground Control sleeves with Koni Yellows.. simply because when you decide you hate riding slammed and you raise the car, you'll be sitting on a quality suspension that performs well.
By teal_dx
#353078 Koni/GC setup isnt designed to be used on a really low setup. That would be a waste of a well built suspension. If you're gonna slam, just buy something shitty because the ride's gonna suck anyways. :thumb:
The F&F's are made to go low, so they have that going for them.

edit: The nice thing about Koni Yellows is that you can send them out to be rebuilt when they blow from being too low. But that still costs money.
By vince72310
#353088 yeah i know but i dont wanan buy cheap no name brand coils or sleeves cuz i know once i go low the ride is going to be crappy but there is a crappy ride then a reeealllyy crappy ride lol ive been in a hatch with no name coils vs a car with AF coils and its a huge difference, ill look into other coils maybe godspeed, F&F, D2, Truhart etc :? idk yet but once i get my wheels ill know how low i wanna go in order for the wheels to be flushed with the fenders, hard to tell when i dont have them yet lol 15x8+15 195/45 :thumb:
By teal_dx
#353092 If you're gonna be super low, the ride quality is gonna suck anyways. So instead of spending a few hundred extra bucks on the F&F type 2's, I'd just get the type 1's.
If you're going to spend a lot on suspension, I'd start with a reputable brand like Tein or Koni/GC and not go super low.
By EconoBox
#353109 Function and Form coilovers for an EG all you need to buy is the Type 1s and save yourself some money on a daily driven car there will be almost zero noticeable difference between the Type 1 and Type 2 except what they cost you. I also know a lot of people hate on Skunk2 but for a budget coilover setup these are a great option http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=6452&idcategory=29 we have a set of these on my buddies EM1 which is slammed and they have been working great for 3 years of daily driving. Link to the car http://courtesyflushsquad.com/cf/2014/09/12/erics-civic-si/p. I also remember your thread on the wheels you wanted to run. I would highly suggest looking into BCs (See below) with a custom spring rate you could fit those wheels flush with the body, with a stretced tire, and not worry about getting screwed up quarter panels or fenders. The ride will be stiff but it will look great going down the road.

This is my opinion on slamming the car the issue I copied this from my response in another thread...

We can spend all day discussing how bad slamming the car is for the majority of components in your vehicle. However if you want to slam your car do it with parts that are designed for that kind of abuse. Using coilovers designed like the racelands at an extreme drop will significantly shorten the lifespan of the shocks. The function and form design with an adjustable lower mount lets you keep suspension travel and adjust ride height but out of all of the ones designed that way (Megan, Godspeed, Ksport, D2, Skunk2, Tein, ... you get the idea) none of them will probably not go as low as you are wanting without removing perches and bumpstops defeats the whole purpose of these kinds of coilovers. So my advice is if you want the best of both worlds save up a couple hundred extra and look into BC Coilovers. They have the adjustable lower mount just like function and forms to control ride height without effecting shock travel or spring preload. They also offer an "Extreme Drop" option which comes with shorter shock bodies which will lower the car more and prevent bottoming them out when you are slammed. Also they allow you to opt for custom spring rates so you can get some stiff springs to keep the car from slamming into your tires on every reflector you go over. Good luck

BC coils should run you around $900 (extreme drop option is like $75 extra) shipped for the EG but if you shop around a bit some vendors will sell them cheaper. BC is pretty strict with the retail pricing and requires you to have the invoice from an authorized retailer for warranty. We ordered a fully custom set for my friends slammed Lexus SC300 and I was extremely impressed with everything about them. I've owned Buddy Club coilovers, K sport, Airtekk Air, D2, and Skunk2 coilovers and for the price the BCs are at the top of my list for quality and customer service for what you want to do. (FYI BC Coilovers are not the same as Buddy Club don't mix them up lol)

Also TruHart makes a quality product. I can't say anything about their coilovers (since I haven't recieved my set yet to replace the K sports) but their camber kits and toe kits are a quality product. I just installed everything they offer in an EM1 other than coilovers and their camber kit for my friends airred out TL. From how well their other components are made I would venture to say they are a safe bet.[/url]
By iLLson
#353113 My old ek had ebay sleeves on agx rode better than tein basics and only cost me 1/1948475882th of the cost