Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By Vinnycarrr
#352622 Will 97-01 Integra Type R rear LCA's fit my Eg hatch? i have drums in the rear still, and i'm gunna run with progress CS-II Coilovers. i mean i think it should but i dont know if i can definitly do it. Thank you in advance
By juls1488
#352644 they will fit, but the type r integras use a different rear shock then the usdm civic. the civic has the bushing in the control arm, but the itr has the bushing in the shock, so make sure you get the correct coilover to match the control arm.
heres the difference between the control arms.
dimension wise they are the same. its just different shock mounting.
By suspendedHatch
#352647 I got full ITR suspension on my EG and it's the greatest.

Not great for people that like the broken suspension look. Ride height is about the same as stock.

The Type R / 88 Civic rear LCAs are (rear wheel steering) btw. They were considered too dangerous for American drivers and revised out in 89, but brought back as part of the magic formula for the Type R.
By juls1488
suspendedHatch wrote:I got full ITR suspension on my EG and it's the greatest.

Not great for people that like the broken suspension look. Ride height is about the same as stock.

The Type R / 88 Civic rear LCAs are (rear wheel steering) btw. They were considered too dangerous for American drivers and revised out in 89, but brought back as part of the magic formula for the Type R.

are you sure about the rear wheel steering part? i have full 1996 spec type r suspension on my eg8 and there aren't any provisions for any sort of rear wheel steering setup on it.
By suspendedHatch
#352704 If your rear LCAs are the eyelit style then yes.

It isn't literally 4WS like the Prelude briefly had, its built into the suspension travel. It's in how the toe angle changes when the suspension compresses on the outside wheel. What does a steering wheel do? It changes the toe angle.