Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By jred
#351326 Will a bad wheel bearing make my steering feel loose when turning?

Been hearing a sort of creaking noise at my front left wheel when braking at low speeds and after some research "googling" I found out its the wheel bearing thats bad, which makes sense because I know they had to be changed and I just recently did over my brakes so it had to be the bearings.

As of lately when turning sharply the steering feels lose, like as if there's slack bolts in the steering ends and assembly its just does not feel firm, I checked all the bolts and they were all tight and good, no play in the ends and all ball joints were good.
So the only faulty part on the front suspension is the bearings, will the bad bearing cause this or is it something else?
By EconoBox
#351327 With the front of the car off of the ground and supported on jack stands take your hands and put on on top of the wheel (12 o'clock) and one on the bottom (6 o'clock) if you can wobble the wheel back and forth this way the wheel bearing is bad. If you put your hands at 9 and 3 and it moves side to side check you inner tie rods.

Also while it is up check the upper control arm bushings, lower control arm bushings, and ball joints any looseness on these will cause a loose feeling. If everything checks out good I'll post a step by step for you of how to check a part of the steering rack that loosens over time.
By jred
#351328 Thanks man will check it when I finish work 2night and post an update :thumb:
By suspendedHatch
#351345 No amount of Googling can tell you what's wrong with your car. At best, you can get some suggestions on what to check.