Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By vince72310
#350446 I am looking to buy some coilovers for my 95 civic EG hatchback but really don't know much brands besides like F&F and D2 etc. What im looking for is somewhat close to a 4inch drop maybe 3.5ish, also I do NOT want my car super bouncy i like a stiff ride and, if your car is really bouncy; to me it has a cheap suspension and it looks dumb as your car bounces every second imo. If you can, please share your opinion/experience on the best coilovers for a civic :thumb: right now i have H&R Race Springs which gave me a 2.5inch drop it looks really nice but now i wanna go lower :woot: hahah thanks!
By teal_dx
#350449 The big question is how much do you have to spend on suspension? And with a 4" drop, ride quality isn't really much of an option.
The bouncy ride is usually caused by blown or leaking shocks. They all wear out eventually, sooner on slammed cars or if you drive in really rough areas. SOme manufacturers offer a warranty. :thumb:
By Driv-it-hard
teal_dx wrote:The big question is how much do you have to spend on suspension? And with a 4" drop, ride quality isn't really much of an option.
The bouncy ride is usually caused by blown or leaking shocks. They all wear out eventually, sooner on slammed cars or if you drive in really rough areas. SOme manufacturers offer a warranty. :thumb:

May I add on your message,
What size wheels are you going to run, what offset are you think about using, what is your car used for, DD or Show. Low-n-Slow. Also option you need to keep in mind.
By vince72310
#350480 im looking to spend anywhere from $400-$800 MAX my car is DD right now i have regular teggy wheels but before i get the coils i am gonna get some wheels which are 15x8+15 with 195/45/15 tires so those will be my wheels specs
By Driv-it-hard
vince72310 wrote:im looking to spend anywhere from $400-$800 MAX my car is DD right now i have regular teggy wheels but before i get the coils i am gonna get some wheels which are 15x8+15 with 195/45/15 tires so those will be my wheels specs

Vince,
This is my opinion,
I would get a middle class coil over for about $600.00 from ebay. I would also spend $150.00 for a complete bushing replacement kit . Also, dont forget the trailing arm bushing that does not come with the kit. This should get you started on the right path . Latter you can upgrade LCA and UCA. Latter you can touch on Sway bars and Strut bars. I would start with that.
Best of luck !
By Dascity_eg
#354235 I have the type 1s so I like them I'm extremely low
By teal_dx
vince72310 wrote:stuck on getting Function & Form Type 2s! anybody have any experiences with these?

Put them on my TSX in Aug 2014. I loved them at first. They started making noises a few months later when the temps got cold. The colder it got, the more it sounded like they were falling apart. I checked every bolt every other week - always tight, even took them off and put them back on a couple times. I even brought it to a shop and they said it's just the coilovers. After googling, I found that Loud clunking noises are a problem with these.
I emailed F&F about all the problems and they said if I shipped the entire suspension to them, they would inspect and replace if needed and ship them back.
I took them off the car 6 weeks ago and sent them in under the year warranty.
They were all rusted together after just 1 winter, even hitting the collars with a big hammer and big flat screwdriver + PB blaster wouldn't unseize them. I even sprayed them with oil before winter. I sent a pic of this and was informed the warranty did not apply to corrosion. I sent them in anyways and luckily all 4 shocks were found to be defective internally and F&F replaced them. Instead of putting that junk back on my car, I went with proven Koni Yellow/GC combo.

I'm selling the replaced F&F type II's, since they haven't been installed since being replaced by F&F. It was an expensive, time consuming lesson.

I didn't slam my car, but I did do a test when I first installed them and they put the car on the ground:

Cheap stance is about all these are good for in the long run.
By MG6
#354285 I have the Koni Yellow/GC combo with top hat. And when you going with any combo, like other said, change the bushings all around.