Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By anya2dgre
#350240 Hi guy I have a 93 jdm eg8 sedan. Want to order a set of shocks without the springs, but confused with all the different types. My rear shock is the one with the bushing to the bottom but some of the pics in the sales have a rear shock with the fork at the bottom. The front I know comes with out the fork because I can use back the stock fork which can be easily bolted up............... little confused as to which shock description to choose ........?
By anya2dgre
#350253 Has any one ever order shocks off ebay or amazon?
By HeikDiesel
#350256 Yours sound like the integra type r style. Has someone switched out the rear lower control arms at any time? To my knowledge a 92-95 civic never came with the eye style rear shock from any country.
By anya2dgre
#350260 Not to my knowledge. I'm not sure.
By anya2dgre
#350262 All I see is integral 94-01 and the pics has the rear strut with the fork or is that the wrong one
By suspendedHatch
#350315 Only the Type R has the eyelet at the bottom of the rear struts. Unless you're counting 88 CRXs and wagons.
By FG2_Andrew
#350318 Image

credit to NorcalCRX for the picture
By FG2_Andrew
#350319 Type R on top, Non-R on the bottom.
By anya2dgre
#350322 You have shown me this now i am in a real not so nice situation here. lol where will i find an affordable replacement without changing the LCA. Your info has helped me alot Thank you very much. I have been searching for 4 days now online and could not find anything reasonable for the rear. Does anyone have any sites.......need some help.
Last edited by anya2dgre on Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By anya2dgre
#350323 btw will a 88 crx rear shock work
By anya2dgre
#350388 Ok so here's what I did, ordered a pair of LCA and got the set of shocks :thumb: .......... Thanks for the help ......... :D