Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By vince72310
#349622 i have the h&r race springs on my 95 civic , is there a way to go lower without buying coilovers? can i buy maybe sleeve or does anybody know a good combo to go with those lowering springs? for example my h&r's with a aftermarket shocks combo? idk :?

the springs dropped my car 2.5" front and 2.3" rear
By juls1488
#349697 your springs determine your ride height not your shocks. to go lower youd have to change your springs out.
the exception is with koni yellows. they have an adjustable spring perch, but its meant for stock height springs, not lowering springs.
By vince72310
#349832 ok so the koni yellow's wont work with my lowering springs i have now? i wouldnt want to buy them and have them not make a difference in my ride height/handling, i know it wont drop it dramatically but idk an 1/2 or 1 inch will be fine.
By teal_dx
#349833 Koni yellows are designed for optimal performance at stock height or moderately lowered. Yellows aren't designed to be 'slammed'.
I'd sell your current setup to someone who is interested in a suspension that will perform at the track and buy a set of entry level coil overs like F&F type 1's that are more suitable for slammed cars.
By juls1488
#349835 Exactly. I have a koni yellow/ground control setup, and I have had it at a functional height and slammed. When it was slammed it handled ok, but at a functional height it handled amazing.
The koni yellows will definitely make a difference in your handling, but they will have zero effect on your ride height.
If you're looking to be slammed go with function and form type 1's, like teal said, which will run you about 550-700$ depending on where you get them. They are an excellent entry level one piece coil over with adjustable ride height, but with fixed dampening.
Another option, which is cheaper, would be to go with racelands. You have to use your stock top hats, bit you adjust the ride height down about 4 inches. They'll run you just under 400$. They're pretty popular with the budget stance crowd, especially in miatas and VW's.
Hope that helps. :thumb: