Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By Farlander
#347894 Installed these mounts in approximately 5 hours, they rattle the entire car like hell and inside is like being in a 55 gallon barrel with a snare drum. Anything I can do about this or do I have to go back to the stock mounts? If anybody wants these things they are for sale...
By HeikDiesel
#347897 What harness are the bushings
By SloCivic
#347898 My buddy had a set of these on a boosted single cam. I have personally never ran these though. Are you running them with torque mounts as well? Or are you just running the 3 mounts?

You have to understand that these are "race" mounts, and the bushings are going to be stiff and cause vibration.

The torque mounts could help a little bit but besides that there is not much else you can do about it. They are VERY stiff. I recommend hasport's or maybe even avid's for a better quality "Race" mount.

If you want to avoid vibration go back to new oem mounts.
By rustyrex
#347919 I have the ES inserts in the front lower mounts and used the ES pourable polyurethane to fill in some OEM mounts. I have the exact same scenario. At idle everything rattles.
By TrailerTrash
#347941 I have Innovative solid mounts and im in the same boat only im used to it. i had to go over the interior and tighten a few things down :lol:

im just running the 3 mounts no torque arms.
By suspendedHatch
#347942 I have a GSR with inserts on the front lower mounts only, and it's still too much vibration. I thought that running a new OEM rear mount with no insert would make it tolerable, but I was wrong. I even tried drilling holes into the inserts and it made no difference.

When I went to sell the car, people test driving it would say that there's something wrong with it and it's too old. My dates all say the same thing. I'm getting ready to pull the inserts out and try to sell it again.

The old design with the front lower center mount to the crossmember was better, but I guess when they changed the suspension eliminating the crossmember, they had to come up with this design that vibrates too much.

It would be nice to find a solution since those mounts are always shot. They're shot on my EG and the engine rocks a bit during shifting. I hate the feeling of it. I keep meaning to try some low durometer mix to fill in the mounts but I haven't figured out what I should use yet.
By egsedanguy
#348027 I used 3m window urithane and made my stock mounts solid. free mod for me and made a huge diff. always look at what grade the material is. if its to hard it will rattle the car like hell. i like the way mine is. has slight rattle at warmup but is fine will driving and way stiffer than stock. engine barley moves at all.
By teal_dx
egsedanguy wrote:I used 3m window urithane and made my stock mounts solid. free mod for me and made a huge diff. always look at what grade the material is. if its to hard it will rattle the car like hell. i like the way mine is. has slight rattle at warmup but is fine will driving and way stiffer than stock. engine barley moves at all.

Exact same here but I have no torque mounts, so I think I get a little more vibration & some rattles.

I did mine 12 years ago because my trans (auto at the time) was hitting the body bracket on hard shifts. They're still as solid as ever :thumb:

The DIY: http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=30
By egsedanguy
teal_dx wrote:
egsedanguy wrote:I used 3m window urithane and made my stock mounts solid. free mod for me and made a huge diff. always look at what grade the material is. if its to hard it will rattle the car like hell. i like the way mine is. has slight rattle at warmup but is fine will driving and way stiffer than stock. engine barley moves at all.

Exact same here but I have no torque mounts, so I think I get a little more vibration & some rattles.

I did mine 12 years ago because my trans (auto at the time) was hitting the body bracket on hard shifts. They're still as solid as ever :thumb:

I started with the front mounts and even that made a huge differance. then my main trans and motor. got even stiffer. I still need to install my rear mount. Hopefully I can do it this weekend if my knee alows.
By suspendedHatch
teal_dx wrote:Exact same here but I have no torque mounts, so I think I get a little more vibration & some rattles.

Have you had some rev and drop the throttle while you're looking at the motor?

Why would you remove the torque mounts?
By teal_dx
suspendedHatch wrote:
teal_dx wrote:Exact same here but I have no torque mounts, so I think I get a little more vibration & some rattles.

Have you had some rev and drop the throttle while you're looking at the motor?

Why would you remove the torque mounts?

No I haven't, but it didn't hit that bracket anymore after filling the mounts. (no more paint chipping off.)

When making the solid mounts, I noticed one of them was damaged, so I pulled them off.