Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By brandoff88
#343687 so figured out where all the ps fluid came from that made its way all over the engine bay...apparently theres a rubber hose going from one side to the other and are attached to the dust boots or whatever they are called and each one has a plastic nipple that the hose attaches to. the driver side nipple broke and was spraying everywhere...whats the best way to go about fixing this without disassembling the whole front end...can I superglue the nipple back to the plastic piece, or some other form of adhesive? aghhh this is the only thing holding me up right now..aside from waiting for my brake line to get here...I just keep finding little shit I have to fix..i hope its easy.
By teal_dx
#343691 ah yes, that little hose equalizes the pressure between the two boots because when one expands, the other contracts.

However, I don't see it on the honda parts website:
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/aut ... G+GEAR+BOX

:?
Since oil is involved, I don't think glue will hold up well.

What about a universal vacuum line fitting such as these:
http://www.goodyearep.com/productsdetail.aspx?id=14932

I've bought similar from regular parts stores like advance & auto zone. They have variety of sizes.
By brandoff88
#343715 ahh I figured, but the issue is I have to get the broken one out of the boot without ripping the boot itself....ughh damnit...every time its something so stupid...but I don't feel like cleaning that much ps fluid again...
By brandoff88
#343757 so if the little broken nipple fell into the boot would it cause any damage, and if not can I just stick the vacuum connector in there and hook it up and call it good?
By brandoff88
#343825 so I looked at some diagrams and it seems the boots just cover the rack and are just filled with fluid...I was also thinking I could remove the clamp by the inner tie rods and shove it back and fish out the little piece of plastic then put it back on? anyone had to do this...I fucking hate powersteering but im not going to delete it since its already there...