Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By brandoff88
#343545 I was thinking I would get these after saving up a bit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4530-01-Ground- ... 1313714587

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Koni-STR-T-Shoc ... ec&vxp=mtr

but it will be about 595 with shipping for both...now the upside is I can buy 1 or the other and still have money till the next paycheck....or should I save and get the fftype 1 for 35 bucks more...I here good things about both, but again I don't have 630 bucks on one paycheck...and if I did, I wouldn't be able to pay bills...I guess what im asking is should I save for the ff type 1 or buy the koni/gc kits serperately...will go on my 94 ej1 which is a daily driver, just want the low without the bounce from the ebay coils I got on there now
By eg84dr
#343548 the bounce has more to do with the shocks
honestly I really liked my ebay coilovers on some no name struts I bought
I think I payed like 300 total for coilovers and struts
I think 630 is a lot to spend on coilovers in any car lol
By brandoff88
#343552 well I want good quality parts for safety, and I don't want to spend 1100 plus for skunk two or buddy club shit and I heard a lot of good things about both choices...and I do agree that the coils arnt terrible, but the struts the previous owner put em on blew and leaked everywhere...and not its bouncy and bottoms out on little cracks in the road lol..
By eg-guy
eg84dr wrote:honestly I really liked my ebay coilovers on some no name struts I bought
I think I payed like 300 total for coilovers and struts
I think 630 is a lot to spend on coilovers in any car lol

LOL

Dont you have h&r springs on your other coupe? Koni is having another sale right now, you can get the sports (yellows) for $443.67 shipped to your door from www.tunersports.com
By juls1488
#343559 i currently have koni yellows with gc sleeves on my eg8, and i cant express how good they are.
you wont be able too go as low with the koni strt as you would with the yellows, but for the money strt are awesome shocks.
ff type 1 is good is you wanna slam your car and want it to look good but dont really care about comfort.
By brandoff88
#343566 well I don't want slammed or hella flush just low without scraping my lip and it had to be somewhat comfortable, as I said its a dd not a track toy or even weeked toy...
By juls1488
brandoff88 wrote:well I don't want slammed or hella flush just low without scraping my lip and it had to be somewhat comfortable, as I said its a dd not a track toy or even weeked toy...

if thats what you want, then my personal opinion is the the gc sleeves and koni strts are the way to go. even though it doesnt list the spring rates for the gc kit in the ebay link they should be 320f/250r. those are the same rates i have and its awesome for a daily. stiff enough to keep you from bouncing but not so harsh that your kidneys hate you. :thumb:

or, if you dont need adjustable height, look into tein s tech springs to go with those konis.
eg civic s tech 1.8in drop all around and 212f/140r
dc integra 2.5in front/ 1.7in rear and 340/f275r
By brandoff88
#343584 thanks for the info, im still looking into stuff...I finally got my h&lr springs and other struts on so no more blown struts lol...but its like a 2 finger difference in height...so im not as low as I would like lol but it was free so I cant complain lol.
By kelz781
#343591 i like the koni setups but i prefer the extra money spent on D2s or PIC coilovers