Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more

Which Coilover Set-Up Should I Go With?

29%
43%
29%
By AutoXRacer
#343353 So I am planning on getting new Suspension for my EG, not rich of any sort so I am on a pretty right budget, I am around the $800 range.

So the two I am tossing between are the:

- Skunk2 Pro-S II Coilovers with 10kg Front and 8kg Rear.
- Function & Form Type One with 10kg Front and 6kg Rear.

Any chime in would be great. I am planning on slamming it pretty hard with some aggressive camber for show and cruising. But also raise it a little for when I hit the circuit track and drag strip.

Thanks guys.
Ryan
By jefferydclark
#343359 I used to have pro S coilovers. i'd get function if they are cheaper because the ride isn't very great on the s coilovers to begin with. if you just want to slam it and aren't super worried about the ride quality(its not going to be great slammed no matter what) then just get some racelands that are ride height and spring adjustable. of the 2 you have picked out i'd go function and form.
By Uknterror
#343367 My coworkers brother has F&F on his da. Pretty low and we are pretty heavy set guys. Riding through town with some construction the thing literally drives almost stock.
By AutoXRacer
jefferydclark wrote:I used to have pro S coilovers. i'd get function if they are cheaper because the ride isn't very great on the s coilovers to begin with. if you just want to slam it and aren't super worried about the ride quality(its not going to be great slammed no matter what) then just get some racelands that are ride height and spring adjustable. of the 2 you have picked out i'd go function and form.

The thing is I do want to have some pretty heavy spring rates only because I am going to put the lip of the rim on the quarter panel on stretched BBS's. So I am stancing it pretty hard but when I do want to take it to the track they will hold out. I truthfully don't care at all about ride quality because it's going to be a weekend whore , not a daily. So a pretty hard ride is what I expect anyways.

Uknterror wrote:My coworkers brother has F&F on his da. Pretty low and we are pretty heavy set guys. Riding through town with some construction the thing literally drives almost stock.

The only thing I am wondering is I am only going to have my cage and 2 bucket seats with 6-point harnesses. I am wondering if stock has the same suspension travel because I am stancing it pretty hard and don't want to destroy my brand new rear quarter panels if there is still some suspension travel.
By Uknterror
#343383 If going for stance then the F&F is your choice. They are made to go super low, the Skunk2 is more on the functional side not really made to slam a car.
By jefferydclark
#343447 buy coilovers with ride height and spring adjustment. set the ride height then tighten your springs up a lot. problem solved.
By jred
#345760 Any one has any experience with K Sport Kontrol Pro's?
Im looking for good Track and street coilovers, and by track i mean circuits not drags
By hmoobvwj
#346126 I would suggestion gc/koni. or gc/tokicos.