Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By anya2dgre
#342045 I know it's not advisable to cut stocksprings .But I have tried coil overs and skunk 2 springs but it's pretty rigid . Does any one know how much coils I have to remove from the stock springs to get like about 1to1 1/2 inches drop in the front only .
By egsedanguy
anya2dgre wrote:I know it's not advisable to cut stocksprings .But I have tried coil overs and skunk 2 springs but it's pretty rigid . Does any one know how much coils I have to remove from the stock springs to get like about 1to1 1/2 inches drop in the front only .

so you want a bouncy car? i never cut or will tell someone how to cut them. cause there really is no correct way. but have fun with that.
By Uknterror
#342054 You have to look at spring rates, all coilovers are not the same. Coilovers are are more rigid by nature and if you want a more comfortable ride you're either spending over 1k full adjustable coilovers or a decent spring and shock combo but cant adjust height. Never cut springs period, i dont care what you say even if you try to say the ride is more comfortable if you hita bump hard enough the spring may come out of its perch and now your whole suspension is trashed.

Either get a lower spring rate like 8k front and 6k rear or do tokico blues with ground control/eibach spring setup.
By egsedanguy
Uknterror wrote:You have to look at spring rates, all coilovers are not the same. Coilovers are are more rigid by nature and if you want a more comfortable ride you're either spending over 1k full adjustable coilovers or a decent spring and shock combo but cant adjust height. Never cut springs period, i dont care what you say even if you try to say the ride is more comfortable if you hita bump hard enough the spring may come out of its perch and now your whole suspension is trashed.

Either get a lower spring rate like 8k front and 6k rear or do tokico blues with ground control/eibach spring setup.

yup dont cut spring. its a safty hazard. do it right or dont do it at all :thumb:
By anya2dgre
#342066 So I have to pay attention to the spring rate and cutting stock springs can be a hazard for your suspension . Thanks for the info. :thumb:
By Uknterror
anya2dgre wrote:So I have to pay attention to the spring rate and cutting stock springs can be a hazard for your suspension . Thanks for the info. :thumb:

Yes and yes! :thumb:
By ball sack
#342079 No need to cut springs. All u gotta do is drive the car up on ramps in your back yard and get a blow torch and heat the springs up until red hot! Once the spring gets hot enough, the car will slowly start to sag down and when it gets to the spot you like quickly spray the suspension with a hose and it goes TSSSSS and steam LOL No tools needed! If you don't explode your shocks from the heat, they will surely blow and leak fluid everywhere the first time you go over a speed bump because the car will ride like a sloppy turd. Even ebay springs are better than cut springs.
By egsedanguy
ball sack wrote:No need to cut springs. All u gotta do is drive the car up on ramps in your back yard and get a blow torch and heat the springs up until red hot! Once the spring gets hot enough, the car will slowly start to sag down and when it gets to the spot you like quickly spray the suspension with a hose and it goes TSSSSS and steam LOL No tools needed! If you don't explode your shocks from the heat, they will surely blow and leak fluid everywhere the first time you go over a speed bump because the car will ride like a sloppy turd. Even ebay springs are better than cut springs.

Best way to put it right there. I don't understand why people want to cut them. Please just buy some coils. Or lowering springs. You can get actual springs off ebay for like 40 bucks. And it's gonna ride soft like u want. Get integra ones cause they ride smother imoa.
By HeikDiesel
#342225 I would NOT ADVISE heating the springs. If you're getting the coil hot enough to compress I guarantee that you are doing damage to the seals inside the shock absorber.
By frosty_eg
#343561 I would just save up the money and buy some springs like they said earlier here about 40 bucks can you some springs and it will ride smoother and increase handling.