Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By ndn001
#341730 Hello Civic-EG community,

i've heard eg/dc knuckles are interchangeable. But i've also heard rumors the offset/stance of the dc integra knuckles are more aggressive. Can anyone confirm that? Can I use one eg-ex knuckle, and one dc knuckle on the other side?

Thanks for the help!
By juls1488
#341738 yep. you can totally do that. they are actually the same knuckle. if i remember correctly the only dc chassis that has a more aggressive setup is the dc2 type r and that's because of the hubs, but its only like 10mm difference.
By DeanPant
#341746 yip im using the DC2 type R knuckles on my eg, no problem :thumb:
By suspendedHatch
#341771 You can't mix and match unless you want to have different size rotors and calipers.
By ndn001
#341772 Don't worry, I'm doing the integra big brake swap from stock to 15/16"mc, gsr bb to 10.3" rotors & integra calipers & hawk pads for all-around discs. So they will match. ;)

NEED SOME KNUCKLES though...
By juls1488
ndn001 wrote:Don't worry, I'm doing the integra big brake swap from stock to 15/16"mc, gsr bb to 10.3" rotors & integra calipers & hawk pads for all-around discs. So they will match. ;)

NEED SOME KNUCKLES though...

if all you need are the knuckles, then yeah, mix and match away. the only things different between the dc and eg ex knuckles are the brackets and calipers, the eg caliper has a smaller piston.
By Graham
#341819 Type r hubs are the same fitment but have different p.c.d. studs - theyre not wider

You can mix and match but you need to make sure both have the same distance between the caliper mounting holes
By suspendedHatch
#342211 So when you guys speak of "knuckles", you're excluding the hub that the rotors mount to? Usually people consider that part of the knuckle since they're somewhat difficult to remove (retaining ring needs to be removed and then you need a press).
By juls1488
suspendedHatch wrote:So when you guys speak of "knuckles", you're excluding the hub that the rotors mount to? Usually people consider that part of the knuckle since they're somewhat difficult to remove (retaining ring needs to be removed and then you need a press).

Yes, that is usually what I mean when I refer to knuckles. When I say knuckle assembly I'm referring to the knuckle, hub and bearing.
By ndn001
#342766 Does anyone know if hardlines need to be bent going to a 15/16 MC from an integra?
By suspendedHatch
#342809 Don't get one from an Integra. Get it from the Si or Wagon 4WD I think. It's been over a decade since I last did this but there are some applications. Del Sol I think.
By suspendedHatch
juls1488 wrote:knuckle assembly I'm referring to the knuckle, hub and bearing.

Well then I'm confused. Are you speaking from personal experience, having tried using a EG knuckle on a DC? I tried this when I had an emergency when my wheel bearing took a crap, I had to have it back together the same day and there were no DCs at the junkyard. The DC rotor wouldn't fit the EG knuckle.
By juls1488
suspendedHatch wrote:
juls1488 wrote:knuckle assembly I'm referring to the knuckle, hub and bearing.

Well then I'm confused. Are you speaking from personal experience, having tried using a EG knuckle on a DC? I tried this when I had an emergency when my wheel bearing took a crap, I had to have it back together the same day and there were no DCs at the junkyard. The DC rotor wouldn't fit the EG knuckle.

Thats odd.
I haven't used an EG knuckle on DC integra, but before I did my lug conversion I had a knuckle from an si hatch on the drivers side and a knuckle from an integra ls sedan on the passenger side. I used integra calipers and 10.2" rotors with no issues.

@ndn001 the brake master cylinder from a 1991 civic ex sedan is 15/16th and bolts right in with no line bending required. I'm using none right now.
By ndn001
#342815 @juls1488 I already got the 15/16 from an integra. Guess there will be some hardline bending required.*sigh*

The eg knuckle worked on your DC cuz it was from an si/ex.
By juls1488
ndn001 wrote:@juls1488

The eg knuckle worked on your DC cuz it was from an si/ex.

It was on an EG8 sedan, but yes it worked because it was an si/ex knuckle. I assumed he was using an ex/si knuckle as well which is why I was confused when suspendedhatch said the rotor wouldn't fit over the eg knuckle.

If your mc is from an integra you may need an integra brake booster as well. I'm not 100% on that though.