Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By gijoe985
#340434 So, my car is in need of new shocks/struts. It is my 175 mile per day commuter car, so, even though a little lower ride would be cool, my main concern is a comfortable ride. Looking cool means a little bit less when you are in your car that much. Anyway, I don't have a ton of money to spend, but thought you guys might have some suggestions.

Is buying stock replacements the best way to go? Is there an aftermarket setup that has a soft ride?

Thanks

P.s. is there an easy way to tell the difference between a stock front and rear spring from a hatchback? I know on coupes they look much different, but hatch ones look very similar to me.
Last edited by gijoe985 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By juls1488
#340435 the most comfortable suspension setup i've used, was tein h.tech springs paired with new oem shocks. the h.tech springs only lower the car about an inch, and the spring rates are barely higher then the stock springs. they're the gold colored tein springs. can be had for around 150$ new.
By jefferydclark
#340781 my buddy used ebay coil sleeves on a set of lotek struts. I have to say, it felt almost as nice as my buddyclub N+. My dampers are set on the stiffest setting though since i'm so low but he paid 250 bucks total for a decent coilover setup and he could lower his car as low as he wanted without the struts bottoming out. he had the gold ones in case you're wondering.
By TrailerTrash
#340784 I keep hearing about those Lotek struts.

still havent gotten them... yet
By jefferydclark
TrailerTrash wrote:I keep hearing about those Lotek struts.

still havent gotten them... yet

they are pretty awesome for the price man. anyone on stock struts that doesn't want to buy a 600-1000 dollar coilover setup should really look in to them. I've got a few friends riding on them. some opted to buy name brand coilover sleeves and some bought ebay sleeves for 50 bucks. the ebay stuff on loteks are just as good as the name brand stuff. just depends on whether you are the "jdm" brand name fan boy or not...so far, this is the only forum I've been on that I haven't gotten bashed for cheaper parts.