Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By TRZafer
#340057 Hi everyone ! I am an owner of Sedan EG,but I want to make some improvements in my suspension.I use my car daily,so I don't want it to be very stiff.At past,I used 50 mm springs but because of high speed bumper and family use,I had to remove them.Because of this,I am thinking to install coilover.In my country,there are a few brands for coilover,so I have to buy them abroad.I am searching a price-performance product.What brands do you recommend for me ?
After installing coilovers,what kind of mods ,should I do ?

ASR subframe brace - Is it enough to be installed without any other parts ?
Hyperflex Energy Bushings - Some people say they make the car stiff,but there are two color of them.Some reviews say the the blacks ones are less stiff than the red

I am thinkin these three mods now,do you recommend any modes for my car ?
By suspendedHatch
#340059 Are you primarily concerned with improving your car's handling or with slamming it to the ground?

I wouldn't recommend coilovers for a daily driver that you use to shuttle your family around. There's no need for the adjustment so you're just throwing money away. I recommend the Eibach Prokit paired with some KYB GR2 struts. This will improve handling and ride quality at a low price, but it wont give you that dumped look that is so popular with ricers today.

I also recommend getting some OEM swaybars from an Integra. You'll need the LCAs as your Civic LCAs lack the threaded holes and mounts for swaybars.

The ASR brace is overpriced bling that will do virtually nothing for your car's handling. It's a combination rear lower tie brace and swaybar mount. The OEM swaybar design mounts the swaybar brackets to the thin sheet metal. Many aftermarket swaybars followed suit, but if they had used to the inner lower control arm bolt instead, reinforcing the sheet metal would be unnecessary. The only company I am aware of to do this properly with their swaybar mount is Progress Auto.

Polyurethane bushings will greatly increase your suspension's harshness, whether they are red or black. If your bushings are shot, you should replace them with OEM rubber.
By TRZafer
suspendedHatch wrote:Are you primarily concerned with improving your car's handling or with slamming it to the ground?

I wouldn't recommend coilovers for a daily driver that you use to shuttle your family around. There's no need for the adjustment so you're just throwing money away. I recommend the Eibach Prokit paired with some KYB GR2 struts. This will improve handling and ride quality at a low price, but it wont give you that dumped look that is so popular with ricers today.

I also recommend getting some OEM swaybars from an Integra. You'll need the LCAs as your Civic LCAs lack the threaded holes and mounts for swaybars.

The ASR brace is overpriced bling that will do virtually nothing for your car's handling. It's a combination rear lower tie brace and swaybar mount. The OEM swaybar design mounts the swaybar brackets to the thin sheet metal. Many aftermarket swaybars followed suit, but if they had used to the inner lower control arm bolt instead, reinforcing the sheet metal would be unnecessary. The only company I am aware of to do this properly with their swaybar mount is Progress Auto.

Polyurethane bushings will greatly increase your suspension's harshness, whether they are red or black. If your bushings are shot, you should replace them with OEM rubber.

I am a bit concerned with improving my car's handling.Now I am using my car with stock springs and my car's front is a bit higher when compared to rear.I don't want to lower my car too much. Then to buy Eibach + KYB is a good option for me.Or I will try to find Koni shocks.In Turkiye,there isn't any Integra's ,so it is a bit impossible to find swaybars. Eibach + Koni or KYB struts are a good choice for me.Thank you so much,suspendedHatch.
By Phoenix288
#340068 I don't know how much you would spend on your new suspension but I'd propose the Spoon fixed height dampers.
They also work with OEM springs or you can add the spoon variable springs. They drop your car by 20mm.

You can check it out @ http://www.spoonsportseurope.net/products/civic-eg6/suspension-system-civic-eg6/fixed-hight-damper-road-use-dcr.html
By TRZafer
Phoenix288 wrote:I don't know how much you would spend on your new suspension but I'd propose the Spoon fixed height dampers.
They also work with OEM springs or you can add the spoon variable springs. They drop your car by 20mm.

You can check it out @ http://www.spoonsportseurope.net/products/civic-eg6/suspension-system-civic-eg6/fixed-hight-damper-road-use-dcr.html

Hımm.I will think them.I will buy those that are easy to buy in Turkiye.
By imawakenow
suspendedHatch wrote:I recommend the Eibach Prokit paired with some KYB GR2 struts.

Really? Seems like I read elsewhere that the Prokit would be a better match for the KYB AGX shocks and that the GR2s wouldn't be able to handle the increased spring rate. I have new GR2s myself and am looking for an upgrade to the crappy old stock springs on my VX. Considered H&R OE sports (used them with AGX on the CRX I sold a couple years ago), but was thinking of something different this time around. Only heard good things about the Prokit.

Thanks for the info on the Progress swaybars btw.