Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By TrailerTrash
#340025 sounds like alot of money to save 6 pounds

I would keep my $180 bucks and simply put Energy Suspension bushings in my stock arms.
By egsedanguy
#340027 thats what i was thinking also. But it does say it helps with camber. I wonder what the length is. cause if its shorter it will pull the bottom of the wheel in. I proably will never get em but if i had cash to throw away i might. Gonna paint all my suspension gloss black with red poly all over. Im upgrading to all ls teggy brakes. also installing si swaybars. :thumb:
By Phoenix288
#340029 I think I'm right in saying that the front UPPER arm, controls camber and the lower stability.

But I might be wrong. Anyways still a good addition either way.

BTW, it is the same price on Amazon.

Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/DPT-J2-F-LCA-HC88-RD-Engineering-Aluminum-Suspension/dp/B00FXHHQPM/ref=sr_1_5?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1386984021&sr=1-5&keywords=J2

And the same on their Shop:

http://speed-daddy.com/j2-front-lower-control-arm-bar-suspension-kit-92-95-civic-eh-eg-integra-dc-red
By egsedanguy
#340032 yea i would go threw there shop. but ya if you lower your car and bring the bottom of the tire in, and no adjustment to the uppers. in sence it would cause the wheel to sit in closer to the car. would alow to run a diff offset and tire width. i could also be wrong. im not good at explaining but I may have to get a set just for the specs. test em out and see if they are worth it. anyone wanna pitch in? lol
By TrailerTrash
#340041 if they are shorter it would change the geometry of the suspension
By Phoenix288
egsedanguy wrote:That's what I mean. It would change it. But is it a good change ? That's what I want to find out.

That I can't say, it is the first time I've seen this make mentioned (didn't know it even existed) only one who has installed parts from J2 can tell you their quality.

In theory lower arms, front or rear, improve handling and stability. But the price seems right.

J's Racing are selling them for $250 and IMO they are at the top of tuner parts.
By egsedanguy
Phoenix288 wrote:
egsedanguy wrote:That's what I mean. It would change it. But is it a good change ? That's what I want to find out.

That I can't say, it is the first time I've seen this make mentioned (didn't know it even existed) only one who has installed parts from J2 can tell you their quality.

In theory lower arms, front or rear, improve handling and stability. But the price seems right.

J's Racing are selling them for $250 and IMO they are at the top of tuner parts.

Right?. They look quality. I think I want a pair. I want to see what changes. They say they can handle 500+hp and stable for drag. This could change of the entire stability and handling of the car.
By Phoenix288
#340076 Actually they claim it is a 1000 HP. But what counts are the torque not the HP.
At 38 ft/lbs, it is quite good.
By Uknterror
#340093 Stock ones have been on hondas well over the 500hp mark. The bushings is what is going to make the difference on how it performs, the rest of the body is for "aerodynamic" purposes and strength. I don't see anywhere it states something about camber other than

"Improves Front Suspension, Handling, Predictable Response and even Prevents Premature Tire Wearing
Ensure Even or Desired Contact with the Ground;
i.e. Tires Wear more Evenly and Increases Traction and Handling"

Sure if you your bushings are already busted/worn, like stated above I'd save my money and install proven energy suspension bushings but if you really wanted to change out the whole lca I'd personally would do hardrace, they are very high quality and by the looks a cheaper price as well
By TrailerTrash
ebay wrote:These extremely strong and lightweight LCA's help reduce the amount of camber when lowering your vehicle's suspension.
By civicexracer
#340217 DO NOT BUY. I can only bet these things are complete garbage. The "company" that produces/sells these things is a joke. The ONLY front control arm that I could say might be worth it would be the Omni one. The reason a bunch of companies haven't come out with a lighter/better front lower control arm is because of the stresses and geometry the front suspension deals with. They are WAY different than the rear control arm. The stock arms are also designed in a way to protect other components in a collision like hitting a curb. I would not trust these J2 arms one bit. It's my understanding that Function7 has been trying to come up with a front lower control arm but because it's so difficult, they haven't come up with anything.

Did you even read the description for the arms? It's a joke lol. The front control arms should NOT change camber. For them to claim it helping with tire wear or reducing negative camber is REALLY bad on them. Say you have stock suspension and these arms are suppose to reduce negative camber, then you could essentially end up with positive camber with stock suspension which is NOT GOOD. You should be able to get all the camber adjustment range you want from a good aftermarket upper control arm. You definitely should not be looking for any camber changes by using a lower control arm with our cars.

If you're looking at these arms for a performance upgrade, just get better bushings for your stock arms. Energy Suspension or Hardrace.
By Phoenix288
#340246 That's why I never buy on Ebay.

In this case, putting the faulty description asside, the price is exactly the same as retail. So why bother with Ebay ?
By egsedanguy
#340268 Never said I was going to buy them, only said I would not mind getting a set to try out, and yes I read the descripton. and yes it will change the camber if the arm is shorter/longer Why do you think I posted on here to get opinions from people. And I havnt bought anything from e-bay in almost 3 years. I always go strait the the sorce to purchace. Since no one has tryed them on here, I dont see how they are consider false/cheap parts Just cause its on e-bay. I Simply posted for opinions. I understand the whole camber thing. And why the hell would someone buy a set for stock ride highth? Also I have had poly bushings and yes they are good. But I was not asking how to tighten my suspension up. I was not looking at these for the bushings, just wanted input from those who have tryed them. What if they are good? What if they work? sorry if i sound harsh but i have had a bad day with the car.