Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By civicexracer
egsedanguy wrote:Never said I was going to buy them, only said I would not mind getting a set to try out, and yes I read the descripton. and yes it will change the camber if the arm is shorter/longer Why do you think I posted on here to get opinions from people. And I havnt bought anything from e-bay in almost 3 years. I always go strait the the sorce to purchace. Since no one has tryed them on here, I dont see how they are consider false/cheap parts Just cause its on e-bay. I Simply posted for opinions. I understand the whole camber thing. And why the hell would someone buy a set for stock ride highth? Also I have had poly bushings and yes they are good. But I was not asking how to tighten my suspension up. I was not looking at these for the bushings, just wanted input from those who have tryed them. What if they are good? What if they work? sorry if i sound harsh but i have had a bad day with the car.

It will change camber if the arm is shorter or longer, but the question is HOW MUCH? And also if you NEED that camber change. Also, changing the length of the lower control arm will change the geometry of the entire front suspension. Where is the change in length? Between the subframe bolt hole and shock hole? Between the shock hole and the ball joint? We don't know and all of those factors could cause more harm than good.

They are considered cheap because that is exactly what they are. It honestly looks like they took a mold of the OEM lower control arm, filled it with aluminum and drilled out the holes for the bushings, ball joint and other part of the lower control arm. Which is not smart...

A couple of years ago I went to my sponsors shop and noticed he had an EG front lower control arm assembly lying on the floor. I asked him what he was doing with it. He was, at the time, considering coming up with an aftermarket lower control arm. He said the major issue is producing something that will be safe. He said the stock arms are under much larger loads and stresses and are designed to bend a certain way during a collision. Replicating that with an aftermarket aluminum arm is very difficult. Did you know the Function7 rear control arms are designed in a way to work just like the OEM arms? Did you know Function7 is TRYING to do the same with the front arms, for a while, and have been testing but they haven't released anything yet. My sponsor, as far as I know, hasn't gotten anywhere with a front lower control arm design because it requires rigorous testing, which is time and money. All of that leads to good engineers making proper decisions. NOT just spitting something out there that fits, looks shiny and claim it can do this and that.

Think about how many companies make rear LCA's. Now think about how many make front, only one reputable one which is Omni. When a no name company that can't even make a good description of their own item magically pops up with one, it doesn't take an engineer to know that this item is garbage.

The stock ride height is a legitimate hypothetical problem. Think about it, all the rear LCA's(at least good ones) use the same size specs as OEM. So regardless if you are stock height or lowered, it makes no changes to your camber directly. You would want the same for the front LCA's. Make your camber changes with the upper control arm, NOT the rear. They don't even specify HOW much camber it corrects, which is stupid.

Will these things fit? Probably. Are they good? I wouldn't trust my life with them. Will they work? Short answer, no.

Just for thought, take a look at Function7's counterfeit warning. Some people have sold fakes of the real deal. Look at the fakes, they LOOK like they might be okay right? They LOOK like they could be good. They LOOK like they will work. But they are in fact inferior.
http://www.function-7.com/warning

You asked for opinions, I gave you my opinions with experience and knowledge to back it up. By all means give those things a try. Just don't complain when you hit a pot hole at highway speeds and these things crack in half and send your car into another car, a guard rail, tree, etc..
By egsedanguy
#340287 I totaly agree with your statement. But the fact its on ebay and there are so many people who shop on there im sure someone has them on ther car. I guess I might have to get some just to test. cause if them bitches snap on me you can bet your last dollar I would sue the shit out that company. But as befor this its not priority for purchace and proably not gonaa happen soon. I have bigger fish to fry. But I would still love to hear from somone that has them and used them for more than a track day. But my last post i was a lil pissy. sorry bout that im never like that. but when your remote start randomly triggers and sends your car over a parking block you proly would be pissy also lol. :x
By civicexracer
#340291 Go for it. But just so you know, these companies cover themselves from being sued by using words like "for off road use only" and whatnot. So if it failed and something bad happened, you'll be SOL.
By egsedanguy
#340295 J2 Engineering products are covered under a limited lifetime warranty. The warranty covers parts that become non-functional due to a manufacturer related defect. Products that are worn due to heavy race and off-road use is immediately void of warranty.

:?
By mitch6
egsedanguy wrote:J2 Engineering products are covered under a limited lifetime warranty. The warranty covers parts that become non-functional due to a manufacturer related defect. Products that are worn due to heavy race and off-road use is immediately void of warranty.

:?

Bought off speed_daddy once before for a oil catch can. Lets just say the can was garbage, the worst looking thing I have seen...

The thing did not have a drain plug, lines too short, paint all uneven, scratches, holes not drilled properly, and seals were ozzzing out. So what did I do? I disputed it, and was told to return it and pay for return shipping, re-stocking, etc....

I did not bother sending it back since I was likely gona get scammed, so I bought myself a catch can from sickspeed, and that one is night and day difference in comparison.

Just remember what seller you are buying this product off of.....

J2 might have a limited life-time warranty on parts that "become non-functional" due to manufacture related defect, but good luck getting anywhere with that... There are many companies out there that state they have a warranty but will never warranty their products.

Also as mentioned earlier by other people, the Front LCA is designed to "Bend" or absorb some impact if a collision occurs. Now let say this LCA did not bend or take any of the force, what's going to take the impact?

the axle, knuckle. strut, etc... all of which are far more expensive to replace. Not to mention, things such as your ball joints, bushings, wheel bearings will wear much faster with a bent assembly than a minor bent LCA. Or better yet, your wheels will not spin because the axle is damaged or you will damage the diff if you try running with a bend axle....

I strongly recommend you do not buy these, they will not adjust camber, only the front upper control arm adjust camber... These will quite literally do nothing in terms of performance gains other then bushings which is very simple to replace with energy suspension bushings for a fraction of the cost...

The choice is yours, but in this case, the consumer will lose :thumbdown:

Just keeping an eye out for fellow eg members :thumb: