Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By JL2
#338585 Guys im newbie and seeking advice to all of you guys here about choosing what's best or good for my hatch. My hatch is more of street racing do i need best coilover or just a good shocks and springs?

I appreciate your opinion guys,and thanks in advance.
By civicexracer
#338587 Cut 10 coils off your springs. It'll give you mad street racing cred and make you cross the imaginary finish line faster.
By Ajax1989
#338590 street racing or like track racing?
we don't promote street racing, its dangerous and
if you wanna talk about it and brag about then you can
go else where..

but if you are talking about track racing
then you cant go wrong with
Buddy Club's
K-Sports
Function Form type2's
By JL2
#338594 My bad, i didn't read rules; That street racing is not allowed.

what i wanted to know is all about suspension that is enough to handle for race/track and with comfort.
By Ajax1989
JL2 wrote:My bad, i didn't read rules; That street racing is not allowed.

what i wanted to know is all about suspension that is enough to handle for race/track and with comfort.

a good cheap coilover would be function form type 2 they are around 700-800 ish

the best imho would be buddy club but they run in 1000-1200
By Apexracing
JL2 wrote:My bad, i didn't read rules; That street racing is not allowed.

There really is no official rule regarding street racing. Yes it is potentially dangerous. And Civic-eg does not codon or endorse street racing. But if your looking for street performance try koni yellows with a ground control coil over kit.
By Virux
#338652 Raceland Ultimo's - $400. Okay coilovers.. questionable reliability. I would probably put them on my car if I didn't want a better setup. They're beefier than the normal Raceland's and have stiffer rates. These would basically just be used on a daily driver that doesn't race.

Progress CS-II Coilovers - $650. Great quality coilovers that have been extensively tested and developed specifically for EG's.

You can also mix and match shocks and springs. Koni Yellows and Tokico Illumina's are two of the best, they run about $550 for the full set. Most people pair them with Ground Control/Eibach coilover kits(adjustable spring system) which is another $350(~$900 altogether). Or you can just run regular springs.

None of these come with top-hats or bump-stops. You use the OEM ones.

I would recommend some kind of sway bar setup.

I wouldn't recommend street racing, but if you're going to do it anyways then remember that stiff suspension is great on a smooth track made for racing. However on the street, having that stiffness is bad with all the loose pebbles and whatnot all over the place. So don't go stiffening it up like a racecar and get yourself or others killed, and also don't damage your EG hatch. Race responsibly, and know your limits.