Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By AutoXRacer
civicexracer wrote:
AutoXRacer wrote:I can definitely understand the flip of the spring rates, but It will be street legal, but I am not one of those retards on the street that race everyone they see. Racing is for the track, keep it off the streets.

So seeing as it will be on the streets as well as the track I think that the 9kg/11kg would be a good medium for hard AutoX but also calm street driving?

and the tires I always run is Toyo Proxes T1R Tires or Falken Ziex 912's.

Thank you guys for your input, kind of makes my decision making a tad easier knowing people with experience.

It'll be good for autox, for street use it'll be rough. Having such a high spring rate in the rear makes for a pretty uncomfortable ride on the roads. Going over bridges/overpasses that aren't smooth are really bad lol. Like I said though, be careful on the streets with this setup. It'll want to oversteer if you ever make fast transitions or trail brake.

If you have any real interest in autox or tracking your car, you'll definitely want better tires than the T1r's or 912's. Especially with this suspension, your weakest point will by far be those tires.

Really, the T1R's or the 912 are weak points?!
Damn I always found those tires to be really sticky.
But again I have never tested this car with stiff suspension to this extent.

What tires would you recommend?!
By civicexracer
AutoXRacer wrote:Really, the T1R's or the 912 are weak points?!

You don't know what a sticky street tire is until you've driven on Toyo R1r's, Bridgestone RE-11A's, Dunlop Z2's, Hankook RS3's, Yokohama AD08's or BFGoodrich Rivals. Or better yet, an R-Compound tire, but that's not streetable lol..

The ones I mentioned are all currently the top street tires available. They are VERY sticky, waaaay better than T1r's and 912's. You can't even begin to compare them.. But, the ones mentioned are all also very expensive, are really only supposed to be used in warm weather and wear out fast. The price of performance. But tires are by far the BEST modification you can make to your car.

If you don't want to shell out the money for those, or want something that will last you a bit longer, then something like the Yokohama S.Drives, Kumho SPT or Hankook V12 would be the best bang for buck and longevity.
By AutoXRacer
civicexracer wrote:
AutoXRacer wrote:Really, the T1R's or the 912 are weak points?!

You don't know what a sticky street tire is until you've driven on Toyo R1r's, Bridgestone RE-11A's, Dunlop Z2's, Hankook RS3's, Yokohama AD08's or BFGoodrich Rivals. Or better yet, an R-Compound tire, but that's not streetable lol..

The ones I mentioned are all currently the top street tires available. They are VERY sticky, waaaay better than T1r's and 912's. You can't even begin to compare them.. But, the ones mentioned are all also very expensive, are really only supposed to be used in warm weather and wear out fast. The price of performance. But tires are by far the BEST modification you can make to your car.

If you don't want to shell out the money for those, or want something that will last you a bit longer, then something like the Yokohama S.Drives, Kumho SPT or Hankook V12 would be the best bang for buck and longevity.

Yeah I have heard of the R1R's those would probably be my choice of tire since I love the T1R's lol.

But thank you for the input, always some positive help on this site! =)