Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By berserksinawali
#336998 I want to have a set of sway bars installed on my DX. I'm looking for value for my money and would like some recommendation on which bars I should get. I've read this post http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=766 but the clearance of the bar and catalytic converter has me concerned. What setup should I get?
By teal_dx
#337010 The ST setup will work with civics that did not come with bars from the factory. Many others will require upgrading the control arms, so look into that as well. :thumb:
By davidomalley
berserksinawali wrote:I want to have a set of sway bars installed on my DX. I'm looking for value for my money and would like some recommendation on which bars I should get. I've read this post http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=766 but the clearance of the bar and catalytic converter has me concerned. What setup should I get?

ahhh you can get front sway and control arms pretty cheap from an integra [i went with a type r]. I got all from HMotorsonline. I would not go with the bolt on setup, you lose clearance and doesn't seem all that stable.

DC2 TypeR Front Sway bar. - Includes End Links. $55.00
DC2 Type R Front Lower Control Arms - Come In a Pair $50.00
DC2 Type R Rear Sway Bar 98 Spec 23mm $125
then i would get some aftermarket rear LCAs from Function, Skunk2, or Blox. around $100.

By suspendedHatch
#337043 I agree wholeheartedly with the above except you didn't price out that ASR brace which is around $180. Popular, but a waste of money IMO.

If you're on a budget just get a rear LS or GSR swaybar and LCAs.

When you're ready to upgrade, get the Progress Auto rear swaybar. At least you're spending all your money on a correctly designed swaybar and not a blingy mount.
By davidomalley
suspendedHatch wrote:I agree wholeheartedly with the above except you didn't price out that ASR brace which is around $180. Popular, but a waste of money IMO.

When you're ready to upgrade, get the Progress Auto rear swaybar. At least you're spending all your money on a correctly designed swaybar and not a blingy mount.

you are correct, i did forget to include the ASR brace. my car, civic cx, did not come with a rear sway, so the frame is not reinforced. I read about possible tear out and what not. I figured $180 is worth the assurance of not tearing out my frame.
By Ajax1989
suspendedHatch wrote:I agree wholeheartedly with the above except you didn't price out that ASR brace which is around $180. Popular, but a waste of money IMO.

couldn't have said it better..
Progress or Addco rsb are your best choice

I love my addco rsb make my car handle great!

@davidomalley
company like addco or progress take there time to R&D.
with said bars you wont need to waste money on a brace. and even so tear out normally happens with a 20mm or bigger rsb iirc