Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
Bykutthroatkrow
#333765 Alright so I lowered the frankencoupe on skunk 2's but the rear end doesn't sit near as low as the front so it kinda looks like the herman Munster mobile. Is there something I did wrong?
By teal_dx
#333766 How bad are we talking here... more than an inch?
Are you sure you put the front springs up front and rear springs in the rear?

If so, sometimes it takes a couple of days of driving to settle completely.
Bykutthroatkrow
#333770 Everything was marked with tape with like LR, RF so I did what it said, but yea its about an in or so higher in the rear. The only difference is in the front I took off those cover things and in the rear I didn't.
By TrailerTrash
#333772 my sedan sits like this and its stock. its pretty noticeable. i figure maybe my struts or springs are worn and sagging? maybe the struts you put them on are worn.

but as teal said it can take some miles for everything to settle. i wouldnt be worried about it right after install. put some miles on it down some bumpy backroads and see what happens.
Bykutthroatkrow
#333776 Struts have under 2500 miles so I don't think its them. And not the orange things, the black condom looking thing that covers from the strut body to the top hat.
Bykutthroatkrow
#333812 I hear its called a dust cover it fit snug over the struts. Hmm idk. How tied together is this "independent" rear suspension? I had to sub in a linear tein on the passenger side as the other skunk looked sketchtacular almost like it had been under an elephant for most of its life. So if anyone has a spare skunk2 progressive lmk please.
By Apexracing
#333855 How long have the springs been driven on? They will take a good 24-48 hours to settle. And parking with the ebrake on will raise the rear suspension momentarily.
By Ajax1989
#333862 one thing ive noticed with the eg, is when you lower them the rear looks high cuz the rear bumper and the body lines

I thought I had this problem before
I took my coilovers off and made sure they all were at the same height reinstalled and the rear still "looked" high, so I just lowered the rear more then the front so it looked even
Bykutthroatkrow
#333883 They've been on since Monday. I drive my car everyday and usually don't park with the parking brake as I'm an auto. I did notice on the interior the door panels are at .5* on the level so I guess it is levelish it just doesn't look it.
By Axix23
#333937 i wish this was my problem. my rear looks lower than the front. I rather have the rear higher.
Bykutthroatkrow
#333961 Little update. It sags lower by the day, but I will need to take it apart and remove the dust covers. The strut body is aftermarket and is a bit to thick for the dust cover to slide over.
Bykutthroatkrow
#335347 Gonna lift it back up. Roads too brutal. Any ideas on how to change the front without removing the axles?
By TrailerTrash
#335348 you dont actually have to remove the axles. you just have to remoe the axle nuts and pull the knuckle away far enough to get the axle shaft out and kinda scootch it over and wiggle things around and the struts come out.

saves you from a tranny oill change