Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By kaikohe
#330735 My front suspension is completely shot...... i need new everything basicly.... are there aftermarket parts i can buy to replace control arms and other stuff that has failed. if you need pics just let me know and i will post some pics so you can get an idea of where i should start.
By HeikDiesel
#330736 I doubt the actual arms have "failed", you probably just need new bushings. HardRace makes a great kit, and then just whatever direction you want to go with shocks and springs. Depending on condition of steering rack you may want to do inner and outer tie rods as well. Align everything and you should be good to go.
By civicexracer
#330768 What is "everything"?

If your bushings in your control arms are worn out, you can pretty easily and cheaply replace them with some Energy Suspension bushings. Just drill/cut out the old ones and put the ES ones in, no press needed.

What else exactly needs to be replaced and why?
By kaikohe
#330777 when i had a crx it was cheaper to just go find some used ones pick and pay yard. or should i just buy some new ones too when i get the ES replacement bushings.
By teal_dx
#330783 Used bushings are a waste as they're all going to be ~20 yrs old and rotted in a junk yard and you're not going to be able to remove an oem bushing in one piece in a junk yard. That's why people who don't have a press use fire :)
I'd only buy new ones. :thumb: A kit such as the ES kit is the way to go but be advised, your ride will be MUCH stiffer. You'll feel every bump in the road.
By kaikohe
#330788 sounds like a plan I'm not looking for fast right now anyways. I really never have been into fast I want a car that I can drive everyday to work but still have fun in once in awhile
By crazy-88
#331418 I replaced my bushings with energy ones. was real easy. just remove the control arms, have the fire pit going, and place all the parts in the fire, the bushings just crumble apart.
I also replaced my cv boots, and tie rod ends. then got an alignment. and drives perfecto now.