Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By Kalima89
#329686 Hi every one i just wanted to make a post about the lotek short struts since there hardly any review about them I brought the set for 185$ off ebay. They ride great i combine them with 53$ coilovers sleeve kit and behold its a great combo.The car that put them on is 1994 Civic EX coupe the front is lowered 3 inches and the rear 2.5 inches :woot: they ride smooth not ruff at all rides better then factory Struts cant feel bumps in the road unless there pot holes
i have had them on the car for about 6 months. I brought these since money is tight and my skunk2 pro coilovers blew out that was a 700$ set but for 250$ it works just as good
By Flatland_EG
#329712 I got a brand new set of these last summer, I traded a guy a sub and amp for them, and have had them on since August. :D
I've got some eBay sleeves on mine that I picked up for $15, also from a local guy, and although the ride is firm it's not half bad considering on how low my car is, I'm guessing with a set of higher quality sleeves it would ride much better yet.
The only downfall I see with these is that they are shorter than normal struts so your stuck with being lowered a fair amount, if you're looking to only lower your car in the 1" to 2" range these might not be for you but lower than that and I think these would be a pretty good buy especially for the price. :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#329718 I like the sound of these. im conisdering a set of ground control sleeves and i think theyt would would pretty well with these struts
By Kalima89
#329739 yeah they would work great the short loteks work great and if get a good sleeve they work great i feel like im riding on air the sleeve i have on my car has duel lock ring not sure if that makes a difference just make sure when put the sleeves on to use the rubber circle things that come with it u put on the strut then the sleeve over it makes the sleeve nice and snug so it doesnt move on the strut
By TrailerTrash
#329939 got ya :thumb:

serisouly thinkin about these!

for about $600 i could have these struts and ground control sleeves shipped to my door. one problem is that you cant buy GC sleeves that fit these specific struts. they make them for alot of other struts though like koni, tokico, and kyb but i dont know wich ones to order. and i dont have a clue about spring rates

and I asume these struts will work with stock tophats cause id be using the ones i extended.
By Flatland_EG
#330059 Yeah, they work with the stock top hats. :thumb:

When I assembled the spring and strut and I adjusted the collars so the threads on the strut poked trough the top hat just enough to get the nut started, so in essence my springs were preloaded just a tad after I got the nut tightened down. :)

You may even be able to use the lowering springs without the adjustable collars if you were inclined to do something a little crazy. :eh: :D
By 288obbyej1
#337059 ok i am wanting to do like the guy said lowtek short shocks with ebay coilover sleeves but i was wondering if extended top hats would fit since the shock is short thanks guys
By Loaf31
#358624 Bringing this post back from the dead for a bit :lol:
You guys are saying that the Gold Struts ride well with eBay sleeves, but what about the silver ones? how do they fare?
please lmk guys cause' I'm in serious need of some new struts and these look pretty good to me. thanks in advance. :thumb: