Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By jadeydrag0117
#329451 Today put on camber kits, im worried about one thing cause i dont know everything about upper control arm "specs" or whatever .

My question is about the part when you put the bushing onto the camber "kit" arm , aem arm ) , do you need to tighten it at an angle?

this question but be a little hard to explain heres a pic of the step might clear up confusion little, Im asking the question because my camber kit goes up all the way high up in the fender. I wanted this cause i was trying to just copy the way the oem arm was,

but now im kinda wondering if i was suppose to tighten the bushing on at somie kind of angle , ive seen other peoples arms and theyre facing a down sitting a little lower. whatever , (but i know the position moves when u put the car back on the floor) IDK HELP lol.

far up there

see this one is facing down or something >>>
http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL2091/1 ... 401534.jpg
By TrailerTrash
#329503 you want to tighten the bolts when the supsension is under full load. put a jack and a block of wood under the lower control arm or whatever and jack it up till the suspension is compressed. then tighten the bolts :thumb:
By jadeydrag0117
TrailerTrash wrote:you want to tighten the bolts when the supsension is under full load. put a jack and a block of wood under the lower control arm or whatever and jack it up till the suspension is compressed. then tighten the bolts :thumb:

no i mean the bolts that hold the bushings on camber arm...
By JohnRM
jadeydrag0117 wrote:
TrailerTrash wrote:you want to tighten the bolts when the supsension is under full load. put a jack and a block of wood under the lower control arm or whatever and jack it up till the suspension is compressed. then tighten the bolts :thumb:

no i mean the bolts that hold the bushings on camber arm...

I'm sure that's what he meant. Put a jack on the lower control arm and jack it until its fully compressed. While its compressed, tighten the 2 bolts on the arm
By civicexracer
#330232 First advice would be to get ride of those Blox control arms.. Good luck with the bushings, the ball joints and the 4 bolts holding the balljoint in place.

Anyways, yeah you have to bolt everything up first, get the nuts/bolts snug. Then preload the suspension to as close to static ride height as possible then torque everything down. Otherwise the bushings can bind and wear out faster.