Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By rustyrex
#327855 I just redid my entire front suspension. I put on new lower ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, wheel bearings. Im still deciding on either OEM upper control arms, or a camber kit. I now need to decide on my rear setup. I will be buying the Fumction and Form coilovers type 1 as soon as my check clears. I am confused on a few thing sthough.

1. I do not plan on slamming my hatch. but i do want it reasonably low. i would prefer not to have too much negatire camber since i will not be tracking the car. Is a rear camber kit actually needed? or can i just correct the camber with the washers at the alignment shop?

2. Is the compensator arm the same thing as a aftermarket toe arm?

I am looking for the hatch to handle very well. I do not plan on installing a sway bar on the front or rear. I just dont like the way they feel.

what i am thinking is:
front camber kit-mainly just incase the camber gets crazy
rear camber kit-if advised
replace the compensator arms with OEM parts or adjustable toe links-if advised

F&F coil overs.

feel free to give me input on brands as well.
By eg-guy
#327868 I would get oem UCA's and oem toe. Poly bushings are great too. Just get a good alignment.
By teal_dx
i would prefer not to have too much negative camber since i will not be tracking the car.
Actually, you don't want too much negative camber on the track. Excessive negative is used by the hellaflush crowd to stuff stretched tires/wide rims on their car.

Exactly how low do you plan to go? If it's only 2" or less, I wouldn't bother with adjustable camber, just a good alignment.

And rear can always be corrected with 1 or 2 washers.

+1 on inspecting the bushings and replacing if they are rotted.
By rustyrex
#327884 I'm replacing the parts instead of just the bushing. I replaced everything in the front now I'm left with the rear. I will probably only go down 2", 3 at the absolute max. he roads by me are pretty smooth but my driveway has a steep incline at the apron. My crx used to scrape with a 4" drop. It sounds like I will be good with OEM replacement parts.
By bigpunn421
teal_dx wrote:
i would prefer not to have too much negative camber since i will not be tracking the car.
Actually, you don't want too much negative camber on the track. Excessive negative is used by the hellaflush crowd to stuff stretched tires/wide rims on their car.

Exactly how low do you plan to go? If it's only 2" or less, I wouldn't bother with adjustable camber, just a good alignment.

i have been in the road racing and autox crowd for awhile now and i have never used a chamber kit on a honda none of my friends/fores have either. mostly eg's,ef's,dc's,and 2007+

they are another myth to get your money.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2614449

also to op i saw you said you dont like the feel of a sway bar?

why not?

they make you handle better.
By Fada Blayne
teal_dx wrote:

wat he said. :thumb:

And I agree with bigpunn, a swaybar in a nutshell is the shiznit if you want ur car to handle better. :)
By rustyrex
#327959 My installed a sway bar on my old crx and it just felt super stiff. I know its supposed to make the car handle better but it felt weird afterwards.
By elrompetoto
#328001 I'm supper low I'm using eBay camber kits up front and I did the washer trick in the rear my car is so low that even with the camber kits I still have neg 1 on the front my back is perfect. I say get camber kits up front and do the washer trick in the back just 2 keep it all nice and lined up like oem. If all u adding is oem parts ur car will feel stock. I did all the bushings on an Ef with a 1 ich drop and I loved the way the stock oem car drove
By rustyrex
#328011 I don't want the car too stuff. I have the ES inserts for all 5 motor mounts and the shifter bushings, plus a torque damper. I have the full ES master kit but I'm debating using it. I am still undecided on a camber kit. So far the only ones I like are the skunk2 pro series. All theother ones ives seen for the front rely on just 4 little bolts to hold the setting. Atleast the pro series has a plate to distribute the torque on those bolts.