Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By civic1995
#327759 Alright guys ,iam looking into good brand suspensions at the moment but.i've heard so many diffrent things ,i was going to go with skunk 2 sleeves but i started seeing that you cant slam it all the way this and that ,so i really need help, i would like to leave my car around 3in off the ground tucking tire ,what suspension would y'all recommend?
By TrailerTrash
#327779 3 inches of the ground aint slammed.

but aside from that.... since you said you want slammed, a good brand, and did not mention a price range...

Koni Yellows/Ground Control
By civic1995
#327805 The way you have your car, tucking tire. && around 500-600$
By eg-guy
#327807 If you want to go low for a resonable price pick some ff type 1s. They can be had for around $600. You could also get the koni /GC controls but to ride low you'll need tophats cost around $1000 w/ top hats. If you dump the car its gonna ride like crap no matter what brand you go with as you won't have much, if any suspension travel.
By civic1995
#327813 Oh alright, i just dont want my ride bouncy at all, i was looking into the skunk2 full coil overs but i saw that they dont slam all the way and idunno what. Iwanted to go with the skunk2 coilovers for now and then buy the skunk2 short struts, but idont want to waste a good amount on something iam not going to like. Iwant my car to tuck tire.
By FG2_Andrew
#327814 here's your suspension lesson for today:

1. there's no such thing as a good riding, slammed car
2. $5-600 will get you an OK set of Taiwanese coilovers
3. Said coilovers will run a much higher risk of blowing
4. Said coilovers will probably NOT come with any warranty
5. If you have no ambitions of doing any racing, etc. those will be fine

Just understand the risks vs. reward, man! I am not knocking your decision to buy a lower-end coilover. I, myself, own a set of Function & Form Type 1s. I paid $550 shipped for them. I daily drive my car and have had ZERO issues with leaking, blowing, etc. Would I run them on a purpose build Civic? Absolutely not. Am I happy with them? Yes. Is everyone happy with them? No. Do I tuck 14" tires? Yes.

BWR, F&F, Ksport, and the like are pretty much all produced in the same factory.. just with different branding and colors.

If you want a SLAMMED DD, go with something right in the middle. But as I said, don't expect a $2000 ride for $500. Hope that helps, also check the thread in my signature for a running log of our members suspension setups and feel free to either post there or PM one of the users if you have any questions!