Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By XtheMex
#327519 Hello new to the site :woot:
Not sure if I posted in the right section butt Months after I bought my 95 civic coupe I hear a creaking in the rear. The previous owner has the stock shocks but installed tokico springs. Not sure if that is the problem. When I sit on the rear bumper it creaks or when I go over uneven pavement. The sound is annoying and makes the car look ghetto :thumbdown:
By madhatchride
#327540 could be a control arm bushing i had that problem on my ek
By HeikDiesel
#327543 Lift the car up and put it on jack stands and then use the floor jack to compress the suspension. Try and isolate the area and then troubleshoot
By XtheMex
#327550 Thanks for the reply and ill definitely try that Diesel
MadHatchRide is is there any way to test if it is the bushing and did you fix the problem
By HeikDiesel
#327553 If you pull that control arm you can usually tell if the bushing is shot. What will happen is the bolt will sieze to the bushing and rip the rubber as the suspension moves. If the rubber is ripped you need to press the old bushings out and press new ones in, or buy aftermarket LCA's
By eg-guy
#327718 Does the car have polyurethane bushings?
By XtheMex
#327731 Not that i know of. In the rear its just stock strutts with Tokico springs and lower control arms other than that everything is from 1994
By reaperstk
#327793 Im having the same thing in my hatch, but i have nuespeed springs on stock shocks and its coming from the passenger rear (not trying to jack ur thread) lmk if u fixed it!!!
By XtheMex
#329955 Image This is facing the rear passenger side

It seems like it is deteriorating and is the cause for the creaking in the rear

This is the view from the bottom

Is there a thread for this type of work and does this mean i need to replace the bushing or what type of work is this and can it be done or is this too much for me to handle
By MG6
#329965 yup. Rear lower control arm is shot. OEM bushing isn't bad, but taking it out is a :x i heard.

going to switch them out on my dad's car soon.
By MG6
bradleyg wrote:That's actually your rear trailing arm bushing, those are a bitch to do!

Doh. you are right. bushing here and bushing there. Hate those fockers