Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By civic1995
#325661 okay guys, like i've said before iam a new honda owner, nd i currently bought ebay coil overs ,imean there decent you knoe. You get what you paid for, but i would like to.knoe what do i gotta do to slam my car? 3in off the ground or so? What parts would i.need, and specially for it not to bounce. Suggestions please? Thanks in advanced! [/quote][/u]
By TrailerTrash
civic1995 wrote:ebay coil overs ,imean there decent you knoe.

i doubt that.

did u buy coilover sleeves? or full body coilovers?
By civic1995
#325665 Ibelieve full body coil overs
By civic1995
#325667 My bad, i mean sleev coil overs
By stubrun
civic1995 wrote:My bad, i mean sleev coil overs

Don't do it, your car will bounce down the road.
By civic1995
#325686 Yea learned the hard way, but what kind if suspension would you recommend for me to lower it that much?
By brandoff88
#325709 i heard fucntion and form type 1's are great for the price, but if your hittin up ebay for that then im guessing you might not have a budget for that kinda suspension yet, the FF1s you can pick up for around 650 from what i have seen and pepole usually go this route, or ground controls paired with koni shocks.. take a look at peoples build threads and as around what they prefer...a little searching always brings knowledge, welcome to hondas by the way :thumb:
By FG2_Andrew
#325710 ^ both are good.

NO MATTER WHAT, your car will ride rough, bounce, whatever.
By brandoff88
EH2_andy wrote:^ both are good.

exactly you just have to experiment and find what setup gives you the comfort/performance you want, keep in mine the more performence oriented the set up is the less comfy it will be :thumb:
By Fada Blayne
brandoff88 wrote:
EH2_andy wrote:^ both are good.

exactly you just have to experiment and find what setup gives you the comfort/performance you want, keep in mine the more performence oriented the set up is the less comfy it will be :thumb:

:thumb: I agree
By Civic_HatchSI
#325726 Anything ebay brand will ride rough and bouncy. If you want quality you have to spend a bit more money imo
By piratevtis86
#325738 i had a set of ebay coilovers on my mb6 vtis, they wernt to harsh, nice and stiff and handled well, anything is a nice upgrade, depends what ur looking to use them for mate. try and measure the hight u want first when u fit 1 then adjust the others to the same hieght before you put them on because you wnt beable to adjust them on the car as they were to tight for me to do.
plus i had to use the top caps and big washer off the standard shocks, dnt forget the washer like i did, the car jus sank str8 to the deck, lol rookie mistake
:lol:
By civic1995
#325740 Helped out alot! Thanks guys! && iam kinduh tight with money ,dont got a stable.job ,focusing in school, but i also want my car to.look good. I was looking at som Tak short shocks i believe ,how would they ride with my coil overs? Right.now i dont wanna waiste that much on suspension, jist to the point it doesnt bounce. I been lookin at skunk2 shocks and coil overs andc i.like how that is ,but thats in.the future, what y'all guys think?
By Fada Blayne
#325744 Look into tokiko/koni shocks. You'll still be able to have good quality without breaking the bank. :thumb:
By stubrun
#325745 I had a set of rokkor coil overs on my old ej2, we're surprisingly good, think they are listed on eBay as ta technics now. But eBay full coil overs and coil over sleeves are like night and day. Go for full body but remember the golden rule, buy cheap, buy twice.