Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By civic1995
#323455 Hey whats up guys, i have a question on removing my rear springs, ive installed coil overs i just need the rear and i allrdy did the drivers rear side and its a pain in the butt, and i tried the passenger side but i dont want to break the screws, any recommendations on what to do? Thanks in advanced! :thumb:
By FG2_Andrew
#323461 you can try using heat.. PB Blaster.. and an impact gun.

IF by chance you do damage the bolts, http://www.hardware909.com/, has LCA bolt kits. (if you are talking about LCA bolts). be careful with heat though, because you can burn up your bushings REALLY quick.
By HeikDiesel
#323466 Usually the bolt siezes in the sleeve of the bushing. If that is the case, you are going to need a new fork bolt/bushing. Otherwise I usually don't have a problem with any of the bolts
By civicexracer
#323482 Like mentioned, the bolts seize on to the metal collar inside the bushing. Using penetrating oil is just almost useless. A tiny bit of heat and take your time with an impact gun, making small hits of the trigger at a time to avoid snapping the bolt. If it's badly seized, you may run into the issue of the metal collar inside the bushing spinning and that bolt won't come out leaving you with cutting it off. Take your time, do NOT use a breaker bar or you WILL break the bolt. Impact gun with a bit of patience is your absolute best bet.
By rustyrex
#323491 Just a fyi when I click on the like for the bolts it looks like a bad link
By civic1995
#323492 Thanks guys!! Ima try the impact gun and see how that works out!
By HeikDiesel
rustyrex wrote:Just a fyi when I click on the like for the bolts it looks like a bad link

Take the comma off the end