Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By bnuttall
#320969 okay well i have a 95 civic lsv and stock motor mounts when i first got the car it had alot of hop when i spun tires i just replaced a strut and my inner and outer tierods. and it had gotten alot better. when i shift sometimes it jerks alot could this be happening since i have stock d series motor mounts ? and i heard it could also be because of my control arm bushings ? can i get some help guys ? thanks !
By JUICE
#320971 Stiffer mounts will definitely help. My buddy just picked up a set of avids for cheap as hell. He low balled a "make offer" seller on eBay and guy accepted it.
By bnuttall
#320972 i seen these on craigslist are will this last or are they shit ?http://southjersey.craigslist.org/ptd/3374719647.html

they say willing to withstand up to 300hp
By civicexracer
#320974 A cheap easy way to reduce hop is Energy Suspension motor mount inserts. I have them in my '95, all but the left side motor mount insert. Helps out a lot and there is very little movement in the motor. I've had mine in for years with zero issues. Still feels solid. Just a fair warning, any motor mount inserts or replacement of motor mounts with some aftermarket ones will make the entire car shake and vibrate like crazy when idling. Since part of the OE motor mounts job is to reduce vibration and absorb energy, the inserts, poly or solid type mounts will transfer engine vibrationg directly throughout the body. If your car rattles at all now, the mounts will make it far worse.

And yes, worn front LCA bushings can influence wheel hop and response. Energy Suspension bushings will help a bit as well and are easy to install.
By bnuttall
#320976 okay im going to try the inserts are they easy to install i never even heard of them
By civicexracer
#320978 Yeah they are pretty straight forward for install. The rear motor mount is a bit of a pain just because it's tucked away back there but not a big deal.
By couch_c
#320991 I remember helping a friend a while back with inserts. The rear is a pain, I think we've spend 3x as long on the rear haha. But yeah they definitely vibrates the car at idle. The dash was vibrating, but the hood was shaking.
By bnuttall
#321285 i found some motor mounts that should work. is there a big differnces in the energy suspension bushings if i get a whole set for the front of my car ?
By TrailerTrash
bnuttall wrote:i found some motor mounts that should work. is there a big differnces in the energy suspension bushings if i get a whole set for the front of my car ?

its night and day. do it.