Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By FG2_Andrew
#320391 i've always heard strut bars are strut bars. though, one of my ebays cracked at the bracket. i've also seen some last YEARS.

seems like a crap shoot IMO
By 95kuope
#320393 i think they are more for show then function unless u gonna be auto crossing & if u are why go cheap remember its your life behind the wheel

just saying
By FG2_Andrew
#320397 you won't die from a broken strut bar :lol:

but save your money for something more practical :thumb:
By mitch6
#320399 should be okay, I'd still recommend higher quality parts for any application, but really these should do just fine. It would be really difficult to have one of these "Break" on you. The worst I can see happen is that maybe the fitment is not quite as nice, or the bolts may become more "loose" faster and need to be checked more frequently. Essentially it should do the same job as any other name branded strut bar, it all depends on your preference. For me in particular, I like them more flashy :lol:
By jadeydrag0117
#320407 :lol:
95kuope wrote:i think they are more for show

just saying
:? :? :? , okay thats all i need to hear.

i want to give more support to my rear strut i need good WORKING strut bars.

thanks im going to get some megan racing ones
By onibakagaijin
#320414 I'll pass on what I've heard from others and from our resident mechanical evil mastermind on my old cars forum...those will work, but theres a reason good bars are one piece. It will work but the hinged sections are weak points that are prone to flex, since they are flex points anyway. Like was stated above, save for some quality because it'll go a long way. But if they were super cheap.....and I mean super cheap, or free, then why not till you can get the good stuff.
By asianrob
#320443 i would pass on them. especially on these design,

from what i seen the strut bars are only as strong as its weakest link,

meaning it can bend in the middle under weight/load.

i would stick to a 1 piece front strut tower bar like factory or anything that is one piece.

i'll try to find the thread on it when i get a chance but to sum it up,

if you stand on it and it starts to bend, its not worth your money.
By jadeydrag0117
asianrob wrote:i would pass on them. especially on these design,

i would stick to a 1 piece front strut tower bar like factory or anything that is one piece.

cool posted it up id like to see. thanks for input...

does the EG come OEM with rear upper strut ?? if they do i would buy them forsure.
By asianrob
jadeydrag0117 wrote:
asianrob wrote:i would pass on them. especially on these design,

cool posted it up id like to see. thanks for input...

does the EG come OEM with rear upper strut ?? if they do i would buy them forsure.

im still looking for it. it was posted at clublexus, but as coming factory not here in the states. but you can grab a factory strut bar from an integra that came with one. and you could grab a strong arm bar for the subframe in the front from an EX or an integra but i really dont think they make any noticable difference. but depending what year your civic is you'll have to drill those holes out for the strut bar. if your a 92 car you should be fine anything else you'll have to drill out.
By civicexracer
#320859 Not worth the money. They are not necessary on our cars. Spend your money on a better coilover setup, sway bars, and most importantly tires.

If you want them just for show, they are fine. Though a bit expensive now it seems. I bought a set of 4 from ebay like 6 years ago for half that price. I've left them on my '95 civic but like I said, not necessary. They have lasted and held up 100% fine all these years. I don't see how they could ever possibly bend or flex since there really isn't a whole lot of load being transfered through them. I've been racing my '95 for years with these things on and now problems.
By asianrob
#329332 [QUOTE=CityKnight;7433461]^ FACT.

To be effective, the bar must withstand the forces imposed upon it, when the chassis flexes.
Here's why it's not even worth $25 (unless you're willing to pay for an aesthetic upgrade only).

Quality Strut-Bar (notice the structure's a unit)

Cheap eBay Strut-Bar

My advice, is to re-sell that one for your money-back (or a small profit), and then put that money toward a quality strut-bar ... 'Cus you're right, they do look nice. However, when people who know what they're looking at see your engine bay, they'll also appreciate your concern for functionality, & purpose ... Just my two cents.[/QUOTE]

i know this thread got old but there is the link i was talking about in earlier posts.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspens ... 5-a-3.html