Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By xhardlinerx
#319157 When I drive over a bump or indention in the road the bottom of my header gets scratched and dinged. My front bumper is higher than the exhaust header so my front bumper doesn't get scratched that much.

If I go down a small steep hill that is about only 4 ft long I have to drive extremely slow or else my header will get scraped, and this time my bumper is scraped too.

How many people have these problems with aftermarket springs and a aftermarket header and exhaust?

I have skunk2 springs, Tokico blues, 2000 SI wheels, ebay header and ebay exhaust. ( I purchased the car with these mods already on)

Is it the ebay header and exhaust that are to blame the scratching, or are the skunk 2 springs just too low for a daily driver?

I want to be able to drive 40 mph on a bumpy road without scratching the bottom of a pipe, so Im going to take the springs off and get some that only provide a minimal drop.
By Flatland_EG
#319158 If your springs are adjustable just crank them up a bit, that would be the easiest solution. My car is pretty damn low, it's lowered almost as much as you can go with adjustable coilovers and I only scrape my mudflaps(which have been cut down :D) when I enter my driver way and my header only scrapes when I park in a certain place at local convenience store, other than that I'm golden.
By TrailerTrash
#319174 B series?
By xhardlinerx
#319490 Today there was a 5X5 inch block of cement on the road with about a 3 " inch height and I had to drive over it due to a a one way road. The block hit my header (I think) and that freakin cement block stayed under my car when I was driving continuously hitting my car up and down and then finally it rolled out on the side. That shit was scary, I thought my oil pan or header had a crack it in it due that rock.

I dont know why people like there car so low you cant even drive safe. I cant imagine driving 65 on the highway and there is some small crap on the road.

Skunk2 springs are too damn low for me. I didnt put the springs on I bought it like that. Im changing my springs to stock or something that has a really small drop.
By Flatland_EG
#319495 I drive mine down interstate at 70mph+ with no problem, it's all about being aware of your surroundings and knowing where and where not to drive.

Maybe post up a pic of your ride height for us to see, it'd give us a better understanding of what your dealing with. :thumb:
By civicexracer
#319640 The Skunk2 springs lower the car quite a bit and the spring rates are progessive and probably a bit too soft for the ride height.

You should get different springs or adjustable coilover setup. Those Tokico Blues are OE replacement shocks. They are definitely not good with those Skunk2 springs... Waaaay too low and way to stiff of a spring for those shocks.