Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By mrbojangles13
#318772 Hey guys I am just finishing up the motor half of my build (turbo gsr) and am now moving to suspension. Just placed an order for some coilovers. was just wondering if gsr sway bars front and rear are a decent upgrade. What year would i need to pull them from? How much of a direct fit can I expect? As far as I know I will need some lca.
These will be going on a 94 cx that will mostly be street driven.
By KittyrdzEG9
#318778 They are a pretty nice upgrade. Any year, they are all the same! But must be GS-R ones. I just got my back sway bar from a friend for $30 :woot:
but originally they go for a lot more. Make sure you buy new bushings ig you get to replace it; What kind of coilovers you getting?
By mrbojangles13
#318782 Some amr coilovers. I'll need some lca right? I'm thinking some gsr or some function seven for the bling factor. Prob just go for the gsr. Should I need a brace as well? Asr or function probably.
By bks84
#318789 Why not ask Andy what he thinks would suit your needs? I think your spending 1200 on coilovers for your car, you can afford to go a lil bigger on sway bars, OE stuff may not work well with the AMR's spring rates, and valving.

I run JDM ITR 26mm up front and ASR 24mm in the rear... its not daily driven, by any means but when its driven, its fun!

Andy is pretty knowledgeable in regards to what compliments in his coilovers.
By familyEGuy23
#318793 If going with OEM I'd stick with ITR sway bars and you'll need rear subframe brace and integra lower control arms or for bling factor function 7, buddy club, etc
By mrbojangles13
#318794 This isn't me being cheap. But there is a differance in spending money on your car and wasting money on things that aren't needed. Very true I will ask him what he thinks. Was just looking for opinions.
By civicexracer
#318796 You'll need new lca's to bolt up the endlinks. I recommended Function7 from personal experience although an OE LCA with good bushings would work just as well.

If you're sticking with a GSR or smaller bar, you won't need any bracing. Anything larger and you'll need it.

OE or aftermarket, doesn't matter, it'll technically work just fine with whatever coilovers he has. Those two suspension components are separate. However determining what size swaybar to use can be based off of the spring rates and vehicle use, driving preferences, etc..

That said, Andy at AMR might suggest something but by no means is it a correct answer. What he may suggest might work well for him, but may not be what someone else is looking for.

FWIW, if it's just a street car and you want to save a few bucks, go with a GSR rear bar and keep the front stock.
By asianrob
#318799 dont forget to pick up the right endlinks, i believe 97+ integras grew a mm or 2 in size from previous years and i believe the end links were different on the 99? it was one of those years.
By civicexracer
familyEGuy23 wrote:anything is better than stock civic sway bars :lol:

There's nothing inherently wrong with any of the stock swaybars. Just because you go to a large swaybar does not mean the result in handling is what someone is looking for. A lot of people leave the front swaybars stock and upgrade the rear bar for more rotation. But like I said, you have to look at your suspension as a whole and what you want to get out of the handling characteristics for your car when choosing spring rates and swaybar sizes, or if you event want adjustable swaybars for more fine tuning.