Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By jadeydrag0117
#318659 i read some articles , haven't really got a chance to ask anybody yet to get some good info.

but mostly the articles or website things just say c pillars support the roof.

why do you need roof support for?
By TrailerTrash
#318662 do you mean aftermarket C-pillar bars?
By jadeydrag0117
teal_dx wrote:ohhhh lmao yeah that question makes more sense now :lol:

They help stiffen up the rear a little bit more by using more anchoring points.

i see. whats are anchoring points thought?
By EJ1_MK
jadeydrag0117 wrote:

If it a coupe or Hatch it is the rear seat belt bolt, but a 4 dr you have to create points I am not sure if anyone has done this or not.

To add to what Teal_dx wrote, if you draw and imaginary line from the front of the car where the strut mount is to the rear strut mount that is where all the body won't roll or flex when adding strut bars, now since the back is lower than the front you get the fact that the chassis can still flex quite a bit the less the chassis flexes the better the handling aspect becomes. There are also B-pillar bars that you can add as well. make it a bit hard to get in and out of the back seat.
By jadeydrag0117
EJ1_MK wrote:
jadeydrag0117 wrote:

If it a coupe or Hatch it is the rear seat belt bolt, but a 4 dr you have to create points I am not sure if anyone has done this or not.

To add to what Teal_dx wrote, if you draw and imaginary line from the front of the car where the strut mount is to the rear strut mount that is where all the body won't roll or flex when adding strut bars, now since the back is lower than the front you get the fact that the chassis can still flex quite a bit the less the chassis flexes the better the handling aspect becomes. There are also B-pillar bars that you can add as well. make it a bit hard to get in and out of the back seat.

oh okay. yeah i just got some upper struts, and prob not gunna need b pillar bars my car wont be for track just daily driving
By EJ1_MK
#318718 I would say that you really won't need one then. but the b-pillar would be a noticeable difference even on just the street.
By nd1983
#318734 the c pillar is used to support the roof from roll overs and body flex in cornering.

vehicles that don't have C pillars usually have frames to do the same function.
By civicexracer
#318743 They are a waste of money is what they are... I had one on my '95. Didn't notice a difference when it went on and I didn't notice a difference when it came off. It's nothing more than just dead weight. If you want to reduce flex in the body, nothing will work better than a welded in roll cage.

If you want to improve the handling of your car, put your money into a good coilover setup, sway bars, bushings and most importantly tires.
By jadeydrag0117
civicexracer wrote:They are a waste of money is what they are... I had one on my '95. Didn't notice a difference when it went on and I didn't notice a difference when it came off. It's nothing more than just dead weight. If you want to reduce flex in the body, nothing will work better than a welded in roll cage.

If you want to improve the handling of your car, put your money into a good coilover setup, sway bars, bushings and most importantly tires.

lol not the answer i was looking for but :thumb:
By civicexracer
#318769 Well to directly answer your question, a c-pillar bar would in no way support the roof. It connects 2 points, the c-pillars, laterally. So in relation to supporting the roof, it doesn't have any effect.
By jadeydrag0117
civicexracer wrote:Well to directly answer your question, a c-pillar bar would in no way support the roof. It connects 2 points, the c-pillars, laterally. So in relation to supporting the roof, it doesn't have any effect.

yea defintly doesn't support the roof that why i was asking to find out what it actually does.