Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By brandoff88
#318579 so i swapped over subframes from my other shell since the rack and suspension was all in wayyyy better condition, minus calipers, which i will swap over from the old suspension, but i need to get the passenger side axle out of the hub before i drop my motor in, i have a new driver side axle, so that just needs to be slapped in, but i cant really get the axle nut off, the hub isnt connected to anything anymore, just the hub and LCA...any suggestions?
By civicexracer
#318581 Use an air impact gun. Anything with 500ft/lbs of reverse torque should be able to get the axel nut off in a second. I have a SnapOn impact gun that has 1000ft/lbs reverse tq and axel nuts and crank bolts are very easy to get off, just one quick press of the trigger gets the job done lol.
By brandoff88
#318583 unfortunatly i dont have that, i have a crappy electric one that wouldnt even get my subframe bolts off :lol: that and the only socket i have that fits is a 1 inch socket, the air gun i have is for 1/2 in chockets :thumbdown:
By HeikDiesel
#318630 Pull the spindle and axle and take the assembly to a heavy equipment shop. I'm sure some guys there wouldn't mind taking 15 seconds to buzz one nut off for you.
By brandoff88
#318642 thanks guys ima try to get this done soon, this is the only thing holding me up from dropping in the engine, i just dont want to put everything together and then take it apart to put in an axle...but its been rainy for 4 days sooo yea...ill defitnly see if i can find a shop around here, not to many in this small town :thumbdown:
By HeikDiesel
#318649 Take it by RSC equipment rentals. They will have people with tools that can do it
By Apexracing
brandoff88 wrote:thanks guys ima try to get this done soon, this is the only thing holding me up from dropping in the engine, i just dont want to put everything together and then take it apart to put in an axle...but its been rainy for 4 days sooo yea...ill defitnly see if i can find a shop around here, not to many in this small town :thumbdown:

Big breaker bar with a 4-5 ft pipe slipped over it. Leverage is your friend :thumb: