Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By mrbojangles13
#318266 dont really know if this is the place for this but...
so i am about to finish my turbo build. I will be looking at the whp in the high 300's low to mid 400's. traction is going to be an issue, this is a given.. I am just coming to you guys looking to what can be done to improve traction. This is a street car btw and will be driven in the hot, the cold, rain, and shine. I have full race traction bars, am lowered 1.8 inches on skunk2 springs (got the car this way, im not really into slammin cars).
what would you guys suggest to help put the power to the street? tires are a given, but which tires? what about suspension? go back to stock height to fit a bigger tire maybe?
thanks in advance guys
By TrailerTrash
#318267 a traction bar is the first thing that comes to mind. second is LSD
By bks84
#318272 Invest in something better than a spring and shock combo.

A lot of my friends and myself included used PIC Apex coilovers, their off the shelf 8k/6k kit is pretty nice.

I used mine with for different purpose than what youre planning on (auto-x) but the rates and valving worked well for my friend to power his 600hp EF down the 1320 -- 10.6x@13x.
By mrbojangles13
#318273 how would the PIC Apex coilovers doin a street application ? i know its not going to be like driving a caddy.
By bks84
#318288 Stiff, but not uncontrollable/intolerable.
By civicexracer
#318360 Go with stiffer rear springs. it'll help keep the car from swaying back on the launch making for better traction up front. Just choose your rates carefully, since this is a street driven car you don't want issues with snap oversteer when driving around town.