Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By USN EG
#318042 ok so i have 92 hatch and well theres a very annoying noise on the front right passenger side that just gets louder as i accelerate or very noticable going like 10mph, i've already replaced that wheel bearing just a few days ago and also the outer tie rod, i've yet to replace the inner tie rod. when i pressed the hub back in, i noticed it had a little play pullin in n out i'd say roughly about .010 of play, could that be it, any help would be appreciated this is seriously killing me, i dont drive it anywhere, i dont trust it. its also got new axles on both sides , if that helps.
By 92egdxhatch
#318044 what is the noise? a popping? humming?
By nd1983
#318065 does it sounds like something rubbing on the tire, rim or rotor?
By USN EG
#318074 yea its a humming noise, I'm stumped. there's definitely nothing rubbing, its a humming vibration that gets louder with acceleration.
By EJ1_MK
#318076 Sound like a wheel bearing or input shaft bearing in the trans.

If you put the car in neutral while rolling does it still make the noise?
By USN EG
#318145 Yeah I know the input shaft bearing is bad, thought it was my throwout bearing but I changed the clutch and all that good stuff, still makes the noise and does go away with clutch pedal depressed, but don't think that will cause a vibration. ill have to replace the port wheel bearing and both tie rods on each side and see what happens. if you guys have any other ideas, please feel free to give me your input. thanks again guys
By EJ1_MK
#318233 You can have a shop check to make sure that the tie rods are good before replacing but if you don't know when the last time they might have been replaced better go ahead and replace both sides as well as both front wheel bearings.

It is one the first things I do when picking up one of these older cars, replace the wheel bearings and front end components because they go unlooked most cases. If the input shaft is bad then the trans will need to rebuilt, and might be easier to have some one service the trans and replace all the bearings in the trans, Cause it could be the bearings on the differential that are causing the noise as well.