Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By xhardlinerx
#318010 I bought a 92 Civic SI and it came with skunk2 springs, toxico blue struts, and a blox camber kit. It came with 15" wheels (from a 2000 SI) and mudflaps.

Driving on the highway at 70mph, I feel like my front bumber just scraped the ground sometimes, or some part of the car just scraped the ground ( that happens when the road may be unlevel). It is a scary feeling because it seems to throw my handling off. I feel the same thing if im just going 40 mph on unlevel roads.

The guy I bought it from said dont be afraid when you hear the scraping because it is only the mud flaps being scraped to the ground. Im trying to belive him because the mudflaps are the lowest part of the car, but the front plastc bumper is pretty close toward the mudflaps.

I dont like my civic being too low and I know skunk2 springs aren't adjustable. I'm going to find some high quality springs that are adjustable, or get some good adjustable coilovers and put the stock camber kit back on. (Have any good recommendations?) This will be a daily driver going on unlevel roads with around 300whp.
By xhardlinerx
#318060 Anyone experienced this? I looked and I didn't see many scratches under the plastic front bumper.
By nd1983
#318062 my 95 LX scraps the mudflaps on speed bumps and some curbs, and the odd time on a hard cornering. yet i'm on stock suspension.

if i were you. i'd take and look at your ground clearance. i know there is a splash guard below the rad that tends to scrap i pull to far up to a curb or parking stop in a lot. that may be whats scratching. just take a look underneigth and see what looks like its been dragged a few times
By blk92hb
#318121 try changing the shocks out, to the skunk2 shocks or get oem replacement with ground control extended top hats. it sound like the shocks are worn out so the car is riding on the springs them self. i just put s2 springs and shock on my brothers cb7 and it sits just as low as my hatch, and my flaps dont drag.
By Flatland_EG
#318139 I actually had to trim my splash guards down, I couldn't even fit my index finger between them and the ground. :D
By xhardlinerx
#318179 I took my car to get my oil changed today and I noticed the headers were scratched from the concrete.

So the bottom of the headers are being scraped.