Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By blk92hb
#317892 so i dont know what to call them but im talking about the rubber ring that sits on top of the shock mount, and was wondering if anyone knows what they are called, where can i get them, and do i need them for my tein coilovers?
By blk92hb
#317897 yea i already look at that. what im looking for is a rubber ring that goes inbetween the upper shock mount(#8) and the body. i looked at pictures on autozones web site and it looks like its atached to the upper shock mount.

so im looking for just the ring or do i even need it??
By juls1488
#317903 i'm not really sure if you even need them. i know alot of coilovers dont even have those gasket/ring things. my ground control upper mounts dont have em, and they're fine. infact my front stock shocks didnt even have them, only the rears did.
you'll be okay without em i think.
By TrailerTrash
#317921 i was in the same boat as you awhile back. i took the rear tophats and extented them and the gasket thing burned off during welding and i didnt have a choice about finding a set or not because i had to get the car back together(only car at the time) so i skipped it.

im pretty sure the gasket iss just to keep water from getting in the trunk but the tophat sits pretty tight in there and ive never had water leak in at all
By blk92hb
#317932 ok that sounds good because i had the old ones on the back and i had a trunk full of water, but i didnt know if i needed them or not.