Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By KittyrdzEG9
#317644 Hello everyone;

So I have a question. Im planning to by the Neo Chrome Rear Subframe Brace for my 95 4dr door. The question is the next one: Do i need a swaybar to be able to install it??
By Punksz6
#317647 No you don't need one.But having one combined with the ASR will be better for handling. Depending on what suspension upgrades you have right now.
By FG2_Andrew
#317653 As stated, no you don't need a sway bar, but if you don't have a sway bar, what's the point?
By KittyrdzEG9
Punksz6 wrote:No you don't need one.But having one combined with the ASR will be better for handling. Depending on what suspension upgrades you have right now.

Im planning to buy all my suspension upgrade by this month and the next one. Right now im riding stock.

I probably would be buying the Function & Form Type 1 Coilover
or Blox street Series sport shocks with skunk2 lowering springs.

With that the blox control arms and breaks rear lower arm bar.
By FG2_Andrew
#317687 Do NOT buy Blox products. They are junk.
By bks84
#317689 if blox are "junk" then blackworks are total shit.
By onibakagaijin
#317691 From what I've seen blackworks products have gotten good reviews, their just a smaller company. Now Blox, even with my mitsubishi and nissan forums (from when I had cars from each) have had bad reviews...the products are just cheap, price and quality wise.
By FG2_Andrew
#317697 For the sake of the argument it goes like this:

Your top dollar products, obviously the best.
Your mid-range, daily driving good, race bad.
Low end, BAD.

ANYYYTHING to do with suspension, motor, steering, etc. buy at least mid range. They may fail, but not nearly as fast as the eBay brands.

IMO, BWR and f&f are one in the same. Mid range daily driver products. Blox is stupid cheap, and stupid poor quality. And NEVER set a budget, building cars is NOT a race. I won't care if it takes you 5 years to build your car how you want.. And neither will the next guy. I've been "building" my hatch for over a year and all I have is a jdm sohc swap and some coilovers. Is it the best car on the road? No. But am I happy knowing I'm not building an eBay certified junk machine, yes.

Hope that helps you steer yourself in the right direction! And if you have any questions, let us know!!!!
By KittyrdzEG9
EH2_andy wrote:
IMO, BWR and f&f are one in the same. Mid range daily driver products. Blox is stupid cheap, and stupid poor quality.

So for your opinion (and anyone can feel free to share too), would you recommend BWR & F&F?

And i know that for a fact. Im not in a race to "build" my car. I want to do this right, im kind of in a budget but i do not wanna go cheap, many stuff i would upgrade them later on once i finish school. I already went cheap on my last two cars and i dont want to do it on this one. Sorry im asking so much about this, but here i dont know anybody were I can actually talk about this or take advice since nobody would take me seriously.

Thank you BTW :thumb:
By FG2_Andrew
#317705 I currently have F&F Type 1s on my car. I really like them. But have only had them about 3k miles.
By davidomalley
#317814 I believe the best bang for your buck is to go with suspension parts from a 94-01 GSR. you will have great results for fairly cheap prices. I got all mine from junk yards around chicago. WHAT A DIFFERENCE.

I currently have an ASR subframe new- but all other components are used.
front LCAs - gsr
front sway - type r
rear lcs - gsr
rear sway - gsr
rear trailing arms & brakes - gsr
coilovers are mid range skunk 2 - pro s ii

By bks84
#317843 You do realize the gsr parts are the same as ls... right? Trailing arms, brakes, rear and front lcas... rear sway bar may be diff... but...