Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By jj_summers87
#315272 Hi I'm kinda new on here and to the world of EG's and I recently put on a set of 17" rims that are a little tall for my civic and I want to lift it about an inch or so above stock so I dont have to worry about the tires rubbing while going around corners from body roll. If anyone has any ideas like spacers or accord springs at this point anything would be helpful. I plan on doing a better sway bar and end links later but I need something for the time being that would help. Thanks everyone.
By 92civic_vx
#315273 what size tires do you have? 205/40/17 is ideal size for our cars, that should do fine with stock height.
By josh93coupe
#315279 Switching tires is a good option instead of making it even more of a monster truck.. Or go to 15's and dump it on its nuts ;)
By jj_summers87
#315295 They are 205/50r17 that are new that i got for free so i don't want to get new ones. I heard v6 accord springs were a little taller and stiffer. I was wondering if those would work?
By 92civic_vx
#315297 205/40/17 have a diameter of 23.45 in
205/50/17 have a diameter of 25.07 in
even if you lift the car up they will most likely still rub when driving on bumpy roads. not to mention that your speedometer will be off.
By TrailerTrash
#315299 struts only extend so far. and im pretty sure when stock struts have stock springs on them they are extended the whole way. so even if you put longer springs on them it wont make any difference unless they are super stiff and they dont compress at all but that would make for one terrible ride