Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By Jonblud
#313449 Im just wondering what else is worth getting to stiffen up the rear and feomt end of my car, ill be ordering
D2 coilovers
D2 control arm
Beaks tie bar

What else is worth buying as i may aswell fit everything at once
By EJ1_MK
#313450 What is your budget, and is this a daily driven car?
By Jonblud
#313453 Yeh its daily driven and id say a few hundered more pounds , i dont mind buying stuff over time as im in no rush to fit im just wondering whats worth buying ontop of what im already getting
By EJ1_MK
#313454 keeping in a budget is always good is why i ask, so finding a stock 4 dr civic rear sway bar or go the expensive route and get an ASR brace and swaybar, then there are bushings urthene for street daily use or harder if you don't mind a stiffer feel / rougher ride, few different companies you can go threw will allow better response with three items you listed, also might want to get some camber kits, since you are going with full coil overs you will want them.

Do you have strut bars?
By Jonblud
#313455 Thanks alot mate ill look into it, and im not sure if im homest im new to all this being my 1st real car worth spending money on so its a big learning curve for me
By EJ1_MK
#313456 Well hit me up if you have any questions on stuff I would be glad to help, this forum board has a ton of great people with more knowledge on these cars that are willing to help figure out any problem.
By Jonblud
#313457 Thanks alot, i was expecting to be put down with my lack of knowledge but some have you guys have been great! Ill deffo be intouch! One question ive been looking at sway bars, i drive an ej2 by the way, what parts to i need to fit one?
By FG2_Andrew
#313458 http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=888

Try a little search ;)
I do not personally have a sway bar installed, so I'd direct any technical questions elsewhere.. But Brian's write ups are always the best on the web!!!!!!
By FG2_Andrew
#313459 Also, I'd leave your setup alone. IMO.

The only thing I would change is go with OEM LCAs or Function 7 (LCAs are just baller parts, no need if your stock bushings are good). If you're daily driven you don't want your ride too harsh or it'll beat you to death.

Coilovers, strut tower bar (2 point) and maybe just some new bushings would be more than fine.

If you want something more rigid, obviously the sway bar, and you could also get some more bracing..
By Jonblud
#313465 Thanks alot man, i think its still got the original bushings so they may need replacing, what ones would be best to replace and what brands should i look at?
By JohnRM
#313478 ^ Another point to what EH2_Andy said; Be sure you know your roads! You don't want to start buying stiff stuff just because. If you have ridiculous uneven, rocky, cracked roads, you would hate riding on stiff suspension!

To answer your last question; A lot of people go with polyurethane bushings. Check out MOOG and/or Energy Suspension bushings. These are 2 of many brands available for bushings.
By teal_dx
#313479 I agree 100% on the bushings! the OEM rubber bushings in our cars are approaching 20 years old!

Replacing with urethane makes a WORLD of difference, especially of the car is already lowered. So much that the car may ride too rough on bad roads though.
By mADmAN
#313481 from ur list, id personally ditch the beaks and replace it with an ASR/F7 subframe brace...paired with a DC2-R rear sway (best to pair with the front DC2-R sway as well to balance out the stiffening a lil bit)

if ur rear LCA already has endlink mounting holes, keep the stock LCA and replace the bushings with something from hardrace, energy suspension, super pro etc etc etc. otherwise, go ahead and get an aftermarket LCA with mounting holes....just make sure they have quality bushings in them like F7's n not crap like the ones Blox uses

for the front, as i mentioned earlier the DC2-R sway bar (i have this paired with JDM DC2-R subframe n steering rack to replace my old leaky steering rack lol) and a strut bar...2pt or 3pt....may want to look into fender bars as well (which is wat i want too)

also a good idea to replace the bushings for the entire car...look into master bushing kits like the ones from energy suspension
By EJ1_MK
Jonblud wrote:Thanks alot, i was expecting to be put down with my lack of knowledge but some have you guys have been great! Ill deffo be intouch! One question ive been looking at sway bars, i drive an ej2 by the way, what parts to i need to fit one?

Your in the UK and the EJ2 over there are a lot different then here, you should have a sunroof among other things that the US market does not, most coupes did not come with rear sway bars. There was a model called the EX-S that came with rear disc and rear swaybar among some other accessories. You should have a d15b7 engine so I would think you don't have any front or rear sway bars.

As the previous post the rear control arms are really up to you, as far as swaybars for a daily driven car within a budget I would search around your area and see if anyone has any Integra swaybars for sale. Really just replacing your bushings and going to a coil over will greatly improve your handling of the car. I would also look into getting camber kits as well just to be on the safe side to keep tire wear down.

Your in a different market then most of us but the parts are still available I am sure just have to search around a bit.
By Jonblud
#313540 You have that a right there mate, ill keep searching and have a look around for what i can find, the helps been great thanks guys